CHAPTER 16

"Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met." Unknown

I awoke to an uncomfortable feeling. My back hurt, and my stomach was on fire. And I had the most terrible headache one can imagine. The bright lights streaming through the window made me cower behind the covers hoping I would get some relief from the pain. Come to think of it, where the fuck am I? This most certainly is not my bed. It was too comfortable. Like, I was sleeping on 1000 thread count sheets. Super fucking soft.

Peeking through the covers, I scan the room and know I have never been here. What the hell is going on, and whose house is this? Why am I here? Why can't I remember shit? I let out another painful groan trying to sit up.

"Be careful, your still not fully healed." I heard a bell-like voice say.

Turning my head, Daisy's pretty brown eyes come into view. Worry lines creased around her eyes. She gently brushed some hair away from my face.

"How do you feel? Can you remember anything?" She asks with a hint of skepticism, coloring her tone.

What kind of questions are these? Why would I have trouble remembering anything? Frowning my face, I try to think back to my last cohesive thought. I remember attending a party with Daisy, but everything is blank afterward. I struggle to organize the events before and after, but it couldn't be more helpful. But something else is bothering me. I feel empty. Cold. Lonely. Tears dwell in my eyes from the unwanted feeling.

Daisy pulls me into a tight embrace crushing me until my body is no longer shaking.

"Daisy, what is going on? I last remember attending a party with you; everything is muddled after that. What happened to me." I pull my eyebrows into a confused expression.

"You sort of had an accident. You entered the woods, tripping, causing a sharp rock to pierce your abdomen. I found you after about an hour and brought you here, where my family doctor placed sutures in your wound." Her story sounded carefully rehearsed.

I un-consciously placed a hand over the wound, wincing slightly. I felt a cold sweat develop on my body as confusion flooded my thoughts. Why couldn't I remember anything? An ache in my chest started to form. Closing my eyes, I instantly saw beautiful green eyes staring at me. Whose eyes were these?

"Daisy, I feel.... odd," I said as the tears spilled from tear ducts.

She placed a gentle hand on my back, rubbing it in circles.

"Sweetheart, I know. Just relax; everything will be fine.

I nodded.

"Where are we? You said your family doctor patched me up." I sniffled.

"We are about 100 miles north of town at my family's winter home, and yes, the doctor that patched you up is a close family friend. Are you hungry"?

I was a little hungry.

|"Actually, I am a little hungry. Do you have any soup? Oh, and Kit-Kat. Also, I am sorry for being in so much trouble. Maybe, I should stay away from the party life until my ass is 30." I croaked a laugh.

"Don't worry, Luna. It's no trouble." His back stiffened at something.

Luna?

"Is that your new nickname for me, sis? I laughed

She grumbled, "Something like that."

I started to say something, but a knock sounded at the door. My eyes grew wide once the figure entered the room.

Conner?

Why the fuck is he here? With Daisy?

The two of them huddled in the corner like two lovers having a spat, and I was intrigued to know what the fuck was going on. From the little I could gather, it seemed like they were fussing over telling someone something. Daisy insisted they tell whoever the truth, while Conner kept saying they were not to disobey the Alpha.