CHAPTER 40

"Anger is like a flame blazing up and consuming our self-control, making us think, say, and do things that we probably regret later." Google / Eckhart Tolle

The chapter is a little longer, and you will see why at the end! (AUTHOR)

It took me a moment to fight through the blinding rage as I kicked the door open to Elijah's office. Miranda knelt between Elijah's legs as he sat in his office chair. Her hand laid softly on his chest, exposed due to a couple of buttons being loose. It seemed they both were gazing at each other before my abrupt arrival. My eyes took in the scene before me, and it was a damn miracle that I didn't explode.

When Elijah heard the door break open, he immediately turned to the intrusion locking eyes with me. What felt like 5 minutes to me was a few seconds, and he was directly standing before me.

"Helena, this is not what it looks like." His hands were up in surrender.

I pushed him back to get some space as he was entirely too close, and I was afraid of what I might do. I could see the tendrils of my hair lifting as if the air was swooshing around me, and the power coursing through my veins was undeniable. I could smell his fear and hers, and I was hungry.

"The hell it does, Elijah. It looks to me like you were in here with that wench," I pointed directly at Miranda, "Contemplating on taking her as a wife." My voice was incredulous as I stuck my finger in his hard chest. "Am I wrong, asshole?" I asked.

"Listen, Helena. I'm going to need you to calm down. I don't like the energy I feel coming off of you." He turned me around to look in the mirror, and my eyes were glowing silver, my hair was floating in mid-air, and my skin was glowing. "Your power is immense right now, and I don't want you to hurt anyone mistakenly." His calm façade seemed fake. It was almost like he was trying to convince himself rather than me.

I turned slowly, thinking of how I could commit homicide on Elijah and Miranda. Within a split second, I was in front of Elijah with my nose slightly touching his. I had to concentrate hard on surpassing the tingles that erupted through my body because of the mate bond. My eyes locked with those ocean-blue orbs that I loved more than anything in this world, but as beautiful and enchanting as they were, my rage was more enticing at the moment.

"Hurt someone mistakenly? Believe me, Elijah, hurting you or her would not come by mistake. My intentions would be clear when I break her neck and perhaps castrate you." I cackled like a villain in a movie as my eyes darted between them.

Elijah moved himself a few centimeters to the left, becoming a shield for Miranda, and that caused an inhuman growl to escape my lips.

"You need to calm down, Helena. You're not in control of yourself! You're letting these powers control you." He pleaded.

"How can you say that? How do you think I should react?" I yelled, "After everything that we have been through, you're willing to put it on the line for a psycho wolf that tried to kill me," I pointed at my chest, "Your mate!"

His face looked impatient. "As I said, you have it all wrong, girl. If you would calm down a fucking minute and hear me out, you will see that."

Maybe he was right; I was jumping to conclusions. Should I take the time to hear him out or suck the last breath out of Miranda?

"Fine, you got five minutes before I eat that bitch." I huffed.

"When you came storming in here like your, the fucking Gestapo, I pushed Miranda away as she came to sit between my thighs. I had no intention of taking her ridiculous deal, and you should know that." He sighed, "After everything we have been through, do you think I could throw it all away so callously?"