CH. 4| Crazy Story

REIGN|

I was walking out of the grocery store when I saw two officers leaned against my car. One was smoking a cigarette while they both engaged in a conversation. I put on my best face so that I wouldn't seem suspicious of anything but I have anxiety so its kinda hard to not be nervous.

I walked to my car and popped the trunk then the officer flicked his cig onto the ground. I placed my bags into the trunk and let it back down.

"Excuse me ma'am, can we ask you a few questions. "One of the officers asked me.

"Sure. "I put on a smile and leaned against my car with my arms folded.

"What is your connection to Dayvon Bennett?" He asked me.

"Who is that?" I asked him because I genuinely didn't know who that was.

"He's a little over six feet, slim with dreads. "He described a guy and I realized that guy was Von.

"I'm sorry I don't know who you're talking about. "I said to him.

"Girl he killed a guy right outside your apartment door so cut the bullshit before we arrest you. "The other officer said.

"At this point arrest me because I'm not answering shit else. "I told them. I shrugged my shoulders then we all just stood there, staring at each other in awkward silence. My phone started ringing and it was Von but I didn't answer. He called again and I declined.

"Well don't let us stop you from answering the phone. "One of the officers said.

"Trust me you're not. "I told them. I just didn't want Von caught up in this. "Can I just get in my car and leave? Please. "I practically begged them.

"Hold on, someone is coming to pay us a visit then you can leave. "The other one said. I leaned against my car and just played a word game on my phone. Within about five minutes a silver car with tinted windows was pulling up next to mines. The car cut off and Von stepped out of it. He had the biggest smirk on his face and the officers started laughing. I was so confused.

"See I love you already. "Von said as he hugged me and kissed all over my face.

"Why? What makes me so special?" I was still very confused as to what was going on. Why weren't the officers arresting him? How did Von even know where I was?

"You didn't fold on me. These are my friends. I just wanted to see was you really down for a nigga and you are. "He said.

"So you set me up to see if I would set you up?"I laughed once I heard the actual scenario out loud.

"But if you don't answer my calls again, we gone have some problems. "He pushed me up against my car and kissed my lips. "Understand. "He kissed me again.

"Yes. "I said to him. He got off me then we all stood in a circle. He introduced me to his friends then they left us alone. Von gave them the keys to the car he was driving.

"I'm coming over tonight shorty and I'm staying. "He said.

"Just like you do every night. It's nothing new to me. I don't mind it. I actually like the company. "I said to him. He'd been with me pretty much the whole time I've been in Chicago.