Chapter 26| Sincere

REIGN|

I was downstairs checking my mailbox. I hadn't been checking it because I'm fat and I get tired when walking up and down the stairs. I haven't been leaving the house lately because my stomach has grown a LOT! I'm still in Chicago even though I don't want to be here.

Von is basically holding me hostage here. I tried to leave a few days ago and he handcuffed me to the bed all day. I had to beg him to let me go and that I'd stay so that he could uncuff me. I just want my baby to be safe. I also think it's very selfish of Von to even want us to stay here knowing someone's gunning for him.

I dropped a piece of my mail then I squatted down to pick it up. One of the most uncomfortable things about being pregnant. I was out of breath just by squatting.

"Here let me help you up. "A familiar voice said. It was Sincere. I haven't heard from him since that night. It was good seeing him again in his handsome state.

"Thank you stranger. "I said to him. He laughed and shook his head at me.

"Forgive me please. I've been trying to keep the problems to a minimum. Ya know. "He said.

"No I don't know. Tell me. I was scared for you that night. "I told him.

"Reign it's just best that I stay away from you. You're safer that way. "He said to me.

"But why?"I asked him.

"I'll call you later. "He said then he hugged me but this hug was different.  I couldn't explain the feeling but it was just different.

We went our separated ways. I went inside my apartment. I turned on some music and started making me some food for breakfast.

So we hide away and never tell
You said the darkness knows you well
That lesson of love, all that it was
I need you to see
You've got that power over me, my my
Everything I hold dear resides in those eyes
You've got that power over me, my my
The only one I know, the only one on my mind
Got that power over me

"SING THAT SHIT KEVIN!" I yelled as Power by Kevin Gates played. That was my shit. I felt every lyric in my heart and soul. That was my favorite part of the song. And at some point, I still believe Von had power over me because I couldn't find the strength in myself to leave. In my mind I wanted to go but my heart was making me stay.

I decided to just eat a bowl of oatmeal with a granola bar. Nothing spectacular. The baby hates oatmeal but he gone eat whatever the fuck I put in my stomach. He always make me throw it up but it's so good to me.

I poured it in a bowl then added water and put it in the microwave. I replayed power by Kevin Gates then Von came walking through the door with Sharks.

"Hey baby. "He said then he pulled me in for a hug and kissed my lips. We swayed from side to side as that Kevin Gates verse played again.

So we hide away and never tell
You said the darkness knows you well
That lesson of love, all that it was
I need you to see
You've got that power over me, my my
Everything I hold dear resides in those eyes
You've got that power over me, my my
The only one I know, the only one on my mind
Got that power over me