New friend!

I sit myself on the swing and start swaying. I keep going until I am high in the sky!!!! Okay maybe not literally, but it was high enough to get Marcus worried so I decided to slow down as I don't want him to take me off the swing.
I enjoy the swinging motion whilst I watch the world go on around me. Looking at what all the other littles are doing. I notice a blond boy with freckles and blue eyes comes over. I slow down as I don't want to knock him over. He stands beside me and I look at him as I carry on swinging. "Hi! I'm Simon, what's your name?" I start to come to a stop. As I want to try and talk with him. No one EVER comes up to me when I play so if this is a new friend I really want to make it. "E......ss......ie" Blimey I really am struggling to speak today. "Essie?" He asks. I nod my head yes and I smile at him. "Nice to meet you Essie! Would you like to swing together? Let's see if we can swing in rhythm!" I nod my head in agreement and a bigger smile comes on my face. Simon sits on the swing next to me and starts swaying. I try and sway in time with him. It takes a little while of us adjusting each other's rhythms to meet the other's but in the end we manage it! Simon cheers our success and I giggle in happiness. I make my happy sounds too and Simon looks at me in a curiosity sort of way. He starts to stop and I copy. He looks at me and ask "Why do you make those sounds, may I ask?" Oh dear more talking ummmmm "H.......a........p.......ee" I also sign the word happy.

"It means you're happy?" Simon asks

"It means you're happy?" Simon asks. I nod my head in agreement.
"What was that thing you did with your hands? Is it some kind of language?" I nod yes in agreement again. I really want to talk to simon but I'm really struggling and I'm starting to get overwhelmed.
I know! I'll get my ipad. I make eh sounds and grab Simons hand. I lead us to Marcus and I sign ipad to Marcus. Marcus gets my ipad out of my Backpack which he has been hanging from his shoulder since we left the classroom. With Ipad in hand I lead Simon back to the swings but they were now taken. "It's okay Essie, we can sit here and chat." So we both plonk our bottoms on the ground and I start talking with my Avaz app
"Hello Simon, My name is Essie. It is nice to meet you too. I'm sorry I'm really struggling to talk today. Most days I can talk when I want to. But I've been through so much change lately its making it really hard for me. The thing I did with my hands is called Makaton which is a type of sign language that I use to communicate when I don't want to talk. Or I use my ipad as you can see." Simon sits there in silence keenly listening whilst my ipad speaks for me. At the end Simon looked at me with a big smiling face. "That's so Cool! So not only can you talk with your hands and sometimes with your mouth, but you can talk with you ipad too!" I give him a big smile and nod in agreement. "Would you like to be my friend?" I ask him. "Yes! You're cool, and I love how unique you are too!" I then flap my hands and make my happy sounds really loudly before asking him another question. "Do you like hugs?"
"Yes I do! Do you like hugs too?" I nod before saying "I love hugs very much" We then both hug each other. I literally couldn't be happier right now. It's not easy making friends when you are me. So whenever I make a new one it feels like an entire alien planet has just accepted me for who I am and welcomes me to their home. In other words, I feel like I am loved by the planet of details that one person contains. As each person has so much about them, it's like they are their own planet.
Simon and I continue to chat. We also go to a pile of toys and would play together. And sometimes chat and play at the same time. I was so content I felt like nothing could be better in the world than this moment right now. Unfortunately all good things come to an end don't they. As I heard a bell ring and simon said he needed to go. All the other littles inside the playroom were starting to leave too. Marcus came over to me and picked me up saying it's time for class.
Oh no here we go again. I am put once again in the classroom and the teacher announces that it's time for sensory room! They have a sensory room here!? I love sensory rooms! Things might be more fun in the class after all, at least I really hope so that is. Marcus allows me to walk with the other littles whilst the teacher leads us down a couple fo turns and down a corridor. I skip in front of everyone but of course since I don't know where to go yet I stay near enough to the teacher as she leads the way. I jump excitedly as she starts unlocking the door with a key. I walk in as soon as the door is open. It's pitch black at first which makes me feel scared but then the teacher switches on the lights and it looks magical!