Clambering calamities

Daniel's POV
Another successful day looking after Essie. The trial week is almost over and it's now official that Essie is going to become legally mine. I have asked that I can take care of Essie everyday now and that Marcus and Clara can be relieved from looking after her. The office agreed to this, I am so glad they have full confidence in me!
The office also said in our last meeting that due to Essie's complex needs they need to extend the adoption processs. By how much they are not sure but they said they're hoping just an extended week depending on how everything goes. We need to do some equipment assessments to get Essie a specially adapted cot that she can't fall out of when she climbs. We need to get her a specially adapted highchair and pram. We are going to try and experiment other travel options too, to keep it varied for Essie to give her as much freedom as possible but still keeping that level of safety in place for her. I am hoping that through this process I will get some much needed contacts for when I want to specially adapt toys and other fun things for Essie in the future.

I have personally requested that whilst we are testing stuff out I'd like to test Essie on what sensory room equipment and sensory integration equipment she finds best as I have money to splash to design two special rooms for her (besides her bedroom and playroom). We also need to go over with Essie some social stories of what's happening next with all of these days as well as her journey home and what her life will be like when she comes.
I have a feeling all of this is going to take a lot longer than a week, maybe even a month. However I'd rather set Essie up for success rather than take her home sooner only for it to all come crashing down.

Essie's POV - A couple days later
*yawn* I stretch up as I begin another hope to be wonderful day. I have REALLY REALLY loved having Daniel take care of me. He understands me a lot better than anyone else. I can't wait for him to officially become my new daddy! I trust that he will prep me the best he can for my new life with him as he has deemed himself very trustworthy and reliable to me.

"Good morning my little one" Daniel says as he unzips my bed panel. I make my tired sounds and do grabby hands at him. He lifts me up into a lovely morning huggle before bringing my attention to Clara and Marcus. "Essie, since I'm going to become your new daddy, Clara and Marcus don't need to look after you anymore." I look to the both of them suprised, I think they look, sad?
Clara brings me into her arms for a warm cuddle and says "It has been a pleasure caring for you Essie, and I am very happy you have found the most wonderful new daddy." She passes me to Marcus who also hugs me before saying "Thank you for all the adventure Essie, You be a good girl okay." I nod my head as I am passed back into Daniel's arms. I am confused, what are they going to do now?
I look to Daniel and ask him "w,what they do now?"
"They're going to look after another little now, as you don't need them anymore since you have me." He gives me a gentle smile. I look to the door and wave to them before calling out "GOOODBYYYEE!! TANK YOU FER ALL OU DONE! FER ME!!!!!!!!!!!" I think that cheered them both up as they looked back with a big smile and even a little giggle on their faces. Then they left and my attention was back onto doing my morning routine.

After Daniel had finished doing my whole morning routine he sat me on his lap in my bedroom and showed me a social story. He reads it to me and I look at the pictures and symbols as he speaks. I understand that the next however many days are going to be different because I will have no class but instead go to different places each day to try out new things called equip,ment? It says that daddy (it has a picture of Daniel's face on) will tell me what equipment or thing we will do at each place. It also says that I need to be a good girl and stay with Daddy at all times and to tell him if I get upset or if it all gets too much for me.
As I mentally consume all this new information I am glad Daniel gives me time for my brain to digest it all. When I had it all figured out I ask "Ar we go new pwace today?" Daniel nods with a smile and says "Yes we will be going into a black car soon and drive to a new place. Today you will be trying out new cots, as every baby needs a good cot for her new bedroom." He winks.
"Do you want to help me pack you backpack Essie?" Daniel asks me. I reply with a vigorous happy nodding of my head and I slide out of his lap making my way to my backpack.
Let's see, I got my ipad, my headphones, my magazine and crayola pens. We got my favourite book, my dummy, my favourite toy, a snuggle blanket. Daniel adds a bottle, some nappies and spare clothes plus wet wipes and puts it all in the back bit of my backpack. He puts my reins in the front bit. "Right my baby girl, we are all set! Let's put on your coat and shoes." I pass them to Daniel and he helps me put them all on, zipping up my coat and doing up the velcro as he puts my shoes on. As I look to the door all ready Daniel puts my backpack on my back, offers me his hand and says "Now Essie you must always hold daddy's hand when we're walking. I don't want to have to put your reins on when I know you can be such a good girl for me, staying by my side." I make a sound as I nod my head in agreement with him. I take his hand and he opens the door. We walk outside and soon enough I see the black car Daniel talked about earlier. Daniel opens the back door, takes my backpack off and puts it in the footwell by my feet before lifting me up and buckling me in the car seat. Once I'm belted in Daniel closes the door, comes round and sits next to me as there is already a driver.