Chapter 18: Romeo, oh Romeo!

A/N: 22.12.2020

Um, okay, wow, we really reached 450 votes in 3 days. You guys are... Amazing 😳 here is the early chapter as promised.

This chapter is dedicated to all my first 450 voters. Enjoy ❤

***
P.S: I started a new fantasy/romance book on my second wattpad account @homewithhidee ^^

If any of you are looking for something to read, don't hesitate to check it out ;)

🔹️🔹️🔹️

Dear,

The Dark Thoughts have come back. They haunt me day and night, and I wake up crying and shaking. I've taken the stronger pills Dr. George had prescribed me. We call them the "Emergency Pills" — for my worst days. It still hurts.

It was one thing to feel lonely when you were alone from the start, but a more terrifying loneliness when someone who was once by your side is gone. It made me better understand Parker's pain and suffering, and why he relied on toxic substances.

He hasn't spoken to me since the night of our sleepover. After I told him I was homophobic, nothing has been the same, and I doubt it ever will be. I don't regret telling Parker the truth. He deserved to know. But I wish he would accept me the way I am, despite my flaws, despite everything wrong with me, I wish he would accept me. The way I am isn't my fault... It isn't...

I miss Parker. I wish he'd look at me. I wish he'd talk to me. I wish he could remind me once again that I existed for more reasons than simply breathing.

Yours truly

***

When we arrived at school, Freddie had to hurry for his next class. He said to call me at twelve so we could have lunch together. I smiled and waved at him, watching him jog towards the law amphitheatre. I didn't have any morning classes today, but came because I didn't want to break the tradition of going to school with Freddie. I went to the library, smiling at those who walked past me. Most of them didn't notice me, but that was okay. I was about to enter the library, but something caught my eye. I back tracked and looked at the large poster hanging on the wall: 'Bergson University Theatre Club: Romeo, oh Romeo!'

I continued to read: 'This year in December, the Bergson University Theatre will perform a LGBTQ+ play directed and acted by the students here themselves! It will be an adaption of 'Romeo and Juliet,' starring two male lovers instead of your conventional heterosexual couple. Break the norms, as Shakespeare once said! (Or did he? Probably not).'