|13.

MARKEYVIUS CATHEY
A WEEK LATER
SAT. 2:35 PM

" Man every time you come over here you begging for something foo." I smacked my lips looking over at TK. He was one of the youngins that ran the block , he was damn near like a little brother to me.

" Is you gone cough it up or what Key ? The new jays drop on Saturday and I need em and a fit ! " He said shaking his head playing with the little twist in his head.

" Come back tomorrow foo , ima have the money to give to your mom man." I chuckled shaking my head as we dapped each other duo and he went running down the block with the other lil homies.

" You might as well be that nigga dad. You bought everything that bad mothafucka got." Fat said laughing as he continued to roll up the wood he had in his hands.

" That's just like my little brother , I gotta look out for lil cuh." I said shaking my head and went to get my phone up out of back pocket.

" What's up with you and Ramiya we ain't see you with her all week since shit went down." Mack said laughing making everybody glare over at me.

" I guess she ain't fucking with me right now. She won't pick up the phone or nothing so I just been letting her be." I said shrugging my shoulders.

" Nigga you better apply pressure. Don't let up off that foo. The type of reaction she give these Memphis bitches , that's a good one to keep on yo hip." Fat added in making me think for a minute.

Since the incident that happened at her front door I tried to stay away from her for a minute. I knew she was mad about what she heard and the whole fight I had to let her cool off.

It wasn't like I wasn't gone expect the shit to unfold. But I wanted to tell her not Layla big mouth ass , and I checked her about that shit. We nipped it in the bud , she knew it wasn't my baby and I did too.

I wasn't about to have this shit with her or none of these other old females I had dealt with.

I just didn't think that the shit was going to unravel that fast. And I didn't know that Miya was gone beat the shit out of Layla like that.

" So you just ain't seen her ass all week ? " Fat asked again making me glare at him.

" Nigga that's what I said ain't I ? " I asked him slightly catching a attitude.

Stuffing my hands into my jacket pocket , I pulled out the wood that I had just finished rolling. I had to put it down for a minute to serve this old head.

" What's the move for the night ? What's going on, the city can't be dry. It's Big Bike Weekend." Mack said making everybody around us fumble into our conversation.

" Oh shit , I almost forgot about Big Bike Weekend." I said chuckling as I placed the wood up to my lips starting to light it.

Big Bike Weekend , was when all the motorcycle club and low riders bought out they candy paints and they finest ride.

Basically a weekend full of Memphis culture and fun just not in Memphis. They had to move that shit , because of all the shoot outs.

Everybody and they mama had rooms booked for the weekend and I forsure knew it was gone go up.

" Y'all gone slide ? I think I am , ima book the bnb shit right now and we can head out tonight." I added in knowing these niggas ain't have shit better to do.