Warwick Foundation

"The difference between a Strong Man and a Weak One is that the former does not give up after a defeat." - Woodrow Wilson

In the foundation,  she goes

That was Nevah's goal; for all to see, and to prove that he wasn't lying about the prism. Being known as the town's dunce; he was also known as a slow learner. His father's work made the family famous, so all eyes were on Nevah for they predicted that he'd follow in his dad's footsteps. But after his parents' divorce, all things fell apart and technically he was on his own, learning the hardships of life.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

He wore protective gloves when he touched the glass for he predicted that some foul play might evolve if he didn't wear them. After all, if the mischievous  spirit was still alive in that box, it could have been the same culprit that caused Mary Anne and Gustavo's problems to surface.

His co-workers from the archeological institute warned him about touching precious relics by hand. He heard of archeologists who excavated artifacts from Egypt or Peru who fell ill or even died once they returned from their excavations, so handling a precious antique from the waters of long ago was something that needed to be handled with care. The after-effects of chemicals and what nots can give off harmful results. 

He warned Sanders of what his colleagues in the institute mentioned to him, but Nevah assumed that the boss  ignored him. He saw those repercussions right through Gustavo's eyes - the color of green; jealousy and lust. Signs of wicked behavior lurking in the air. A part of evil that may have never been there before until the prism was found.

Why Sanders elected those two to be the divers to go undersea was beyond his control, and Nevah didn't want to complicate things. And he definitely didn't expect his former girlfriend to be one of them.

Nevah placed the prism in a leather bag, before putting it in his Ford truck. He put it in the back compartment with the other treasures the divers gave him to display in the museum and drove off to the Warwick Foundation.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Nevah's main goal was to know why an aspiration kept haunting people's lives as she continued to do so with Miss Hudson and his father before his death. It wasn't a legend or rumor, it was real.

Like the others before him, he wanted to end it all and was fortunate enough to find a curator, Tabitha Whittle, who knew about his father's case with Miss Hudson. She claimed to know who the evil entity inside the prism was. And she called her Piper.

Or should luck have  it, that Tabitha was the same student that watched over Miss Hudson before they parted. The witch who eventually gained her lucky broomstick in the end from her mentor, renovated the old wax museum and turned it into a foundation. A landmark that she named after the Witches' Council that helped her when she was left as an orphan. Although she never met her biological parents, Tabitha finally accepted Mr. and Mrs. Whittle as her true guardians before they parted. 

As Nevah turned on the ignition, he turned on the radio to a song that took him back to the past when he still was with Mary Anne

As Nevah turned on the ignition, he turned on the radio to a song that took him back to the past when he still was with Mary Anne. In truth, he could never get her out of his mind, but he did not want to admit that out loud. No matter how many girls flirted with him, she was his only one. 

And he believed that she would do the same as a college buddy once told him the phrase "If you love someone, let her go. If they come back they were always yours; but if they don't they never were". 

Nevah had his doubts about that, because he knew it would hurt if they ever met again, and now she was with another man. A co-worker that he assumed worked with her for some time and has developed a deep relationship with.

And who was he to but in, for he left her hanging out on her own decades ago. A tear flowed down his cheeks as he turned the wheel to back up. He stopped his vehicle for a moment and remembered the last words they spoke to each other before he went off to graduate school.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Why is this important to you Nevin? You don't need to go back. Your father only wanted money and he's the reason your Mother died of a broken heart. I don't want to lose you."

"I'm sorry Anne. My father needs me in Oregon. After my mother died, he doesn't have anyone else to turn to. I wish you the best of luck in your studies. And I want you to find someone who will make you happy."

Tears both ran down their eyes as Nevah continued.

"Just don't forget about me, my love."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

He sighed, and drove to his destination.

Sometimes you really do have to let things go, no matter how painful and heartbreaking it may be.

And little did he know someone else was listening to Nevah's thoughts as he cried. Piper knew how to make the inevitable happen all over again!