Prism

"Life is like a prism. What you see depends on how you turn the glass."

- Jonathan Kellerman

"Piper might be Prue's lost soul

"Piper might be Prue's lost soul. The doll I named long ago came to life to continue Prue's legacy!"

Hearing those words  caused Dr. Everett to realize he had to resolve this issue. It was now a case of NOW or NEVER because he knew deep inside his heart his client was no longer lying.

Nolan figured that since he had not seen Janneth for some time, the evil spirit would leave him alone. And that was what exactly happened.

His wounds were now healing after taking a two week vacation with his family and the meeting he originally had earlier with two officials that knew about Janneth's case was fair to a point where it got the best of Nolan. The officials needed some updates about the case, so they could relay it to the judge, as her time was almost up with the psychologist.

Now that he was back in session, Nolan had to figure out how to end Janneth's case once and for all. The judge only gave her a whole month to visit him for a re-analysis of her case. And because he had to ask for leave to heal his wounds for two weeks, an extension was granted. But it wasn't enough, and that is why he agreed to see Janneth again.

He was shocked when Janneth blamed two student bullies for following her to the site of the roaring fire, for the two were only mischievous teenagers who didn't know any better. But he knew that there was a common phrase many people follow; being curious can often get you into trouble.

Nolan smirked when he read about the part where Serina was taken away by Piper. Most would say that she deserved it. But likewise he had a heart to feel sorry for the little girl. She probably wanted attention and being a bully was all she knew.

"Janneth, I have a proposal for you, if we can end this mess, would you allow me to help you?"

The women sitting on the sofa nodded.

"I'm listening, Doctor, what do you have in mind?" Her chubby face brightened up with the idea of getting rid of Piper.

"Since this evil entity didn't die within the fire that you and Tabitha caused, what if Piper is longing for something instead? According to these journals you gave me, she hides people in a Wax Museum many don't know about. Perhaps she misses company and the dead are only what she cares about. And you just told me about your family genealogy, which included a sunken ship."

Agreeing with the doctor, Janneth put the pieces together and concluded that Dr. Everett was suggesting that they could drown Piper, hoping that she would submerge in the sea where she belonged. But how would that be possible?

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Doctor? Do you want to drown Piper? How are we even going to catch her? I'm not a witch like Tabitha."

Nolan nodded, smirking with glee. Finally, it was something the two could compromise on.

"Just leave that to me. I have a friend who can make a steel prism that we can use to keep the evil spirit intact."

As Nolan used to work for the FBI, he worked with Detective Jonathan Wilson, who was now retired from the force

As Nolan used to work for the FBI, he worked with Detective Jonathan Wilson, who was now retired from the force. Nolan learned that his friend was now a welder; one who molds metal pieces together and maintained robotic mechanisms. And with this knowledge, Nolan knew Wilson was the man who could create Piper's new home. 

It was a risky scheme, but he had to take a chance.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Four sides Wilson, and please make sure there's a small opening. I also need to make sure it's super strong."

"Any particular reason, Everett?"

Nolan nodded his head, knowing the welder was still acting like an FBI agent, even though Wilson was retired. Once one is on the force, the habit of scrutinizing people for answers never leaves you.

Nolan knew Wilson would probably think he was a lunatic if the truth came out.

"It's for my son, Nevah to play with. He's still young, but when he gets older, I'm going to give it to him as a present."

Nolan decided that this lie of his was the best excuse. He needed Wilson to stop asking questions, and focus on his work.

Although suspicious of Nolan's remark, the welder continued with the prism's designs; burning the metal glass parts against the intense heat.

"Whatever, you say Everett. Just hope Nevah won't eat it."