❝WHAT THE FUCK IS A JAPAN?❞. II

❝𝕎ℍ𝔸𝕋 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔽𝕌ℂ𝕂 𝕀𝕊 𝔸 𝕁𝔸ℙ𝔸ℕ?❞

☾☼☽

Toph could feel Sokka's blood pressure increase in sync with her own.

When they heard the words, "he's not breathing," the worst came to mind. That Aang, one of their best friends, was dead. That Firelord— excuse me— Phoenix King Ozai, had killed the Avatar.

They quickly went to his side. Sokka felt for his pulse and shook his head.

"No, no, no," tears were aching to go down his cheeks but his pride wouldn't let them fall. To cry in front of Toph and a couple of strangers— it didn't feel right. "This can't be happening."

Toph was young but she understood death more than most people her age. She's experienced it in every way possible without having to die— hearing of death, witnessing death, causing death—hell, a couple minutes ago, she and Sokka were about to fall to their doom.

But to have one of her closest friends die— it was a lot.

She wanted to maintain her "i dont give a shit" demeanor, so she held back tears as she held on hope and continued to search for a heartbeat. Concentrating was hard when all she could think about was what could happen to the world with the Avatar dead. How many other people would die without protection from the ruthless firebenders?

____________

Her toes stayed planted on the ground, while her hands were on his chest. She knew that he was the avatar, the strongest person in the world, but to have no heartbeat? He's still a human— no human can live without a beating heart. Even back when Azula killed him with her lightning, his heart continued to beat after Katara healed him.

_______________

Please, Twinkle Toes. Don't you dare be dead.

_______________

Is this what people called denial? The feeling of not wanting to let go? If he actually is dead, what is she doing to do? What is everyone going to do? Shit, since when has she worried about anyone else but herself?

_______♥______

I swear to the Spirits if you're dead I'll kil— wait! Is that a heartbeat?!

___♥____♥____♥___♥

Oh, shit, that is a fucking heartbeat. This bitch is still alive.