THE TRUTH SHALL NOT BE TOLD. V

☾☼☽

Toph and Sokka sat across the mouse-bear with confused expressions still on their faces. Sokka more so than Toph. With an injured leg elevated by a chair and his arms crossed, the Water Tribe warrior had to resist the urge to call tiger-bullshit on everything that's happened. He was so very close to coming to the conclusion that they had died on the war balloons.

They weren't dead right?

Toph was more so weirded out than confused. With her earthbending, she was able to tell that the person they were looking at was some type of mouse-bear but that wouldn't make sense because mouse-bears don't talk. So it has to be a mouse-bear spirit right? No, no, that wouldn't make sense either. Seismic sense can do a lot of things, but it can't detect spirits.

So what the fuck was this thing?

The mouse-bear, Nezu was his name (?), cleared it— his —throat before talking. "I don't believe you two have told me your names yet?"

"My name is Sokka, and this is Toph," the warrior said, pointing to his friend as he said her name.

"He can't hear us, stupid!" Toph exclaimed while punching the warriors shoulder.

"Oh, right, I forgot..."

"No, no, I can hear you just fine."

A prominent smile was still on the mouse-bears face as both Sokka and Toph's expressions only deepened in confusion.

"But..." Sokka was still dumbstruck, "No one else could hear us! Everyone said when we spoke, nothing came out on their side!"

Nezu laughed. "I suppose I'm special then."

The mouse-bear opened a drawl and pulled out a blank piece of paper. After grabbing a 'pencil' from off the table, he something down. "Sokka and Toph?" he said, which caused the earthbender to think that he wrote their names. "No last names?"

Sokka sighed. "Where I'm from, we don't do last names," he explained. Was it really that strange to not have a last name?

Toph crossed her arms across her chest. "And I don't like it when people call me by my last name so call me Toph or don't refer to me at all."

The mouse-bear lifted his pencil. "Very well then," Nezu shrugged it off, "Aizawa tells me that you appeared out of nowhere in Class 1-A's living room. Is that true?"

They both nodded as Sokka talked. "One minute were just... uh... doing something... and then the next we're here!" Yeah, totally not suspicious Sokka.

Toph bit the inside of her cheek. "Everything here's so... weird..."

Sokka agreed. "Strangely enough, you're the most normal person we've encountered since we got here!"