Chapter 19

Nate's POV

The heavy sound of a phone ringing through my ears blasted through my bedside table, I hate that sound everytime. I flailed my arms around like a crying toddler before raising my hand above the bedside table, grabbing my phone and putting it over my ear.

"Hello." I half-consciously spoke, my morning voice seemed too dull to even speak at 6 in the morning.

"Yo! Finally! I thought you changed your number." A familiar voice spoke through the other end. There's only one voice that I hate more than anything else in the entire world and it's this idiot's.

"Zach?" I asked, it's been a while since I've talked to any of my college friends.

"I bet you weren't expecting me to call you, huh. Get your ass up from bed, we need to talk." he said as I regained my full consciousness and sat on the edge of the bed.

"What do you want? I'm too tired to even get up right now." I told him. After what happened last night at COCOasis, I wasn't able to get proper sleep last night thinking about Erin. Does she hate me now?

"Let's talk in person, we're in Aeredale actually." another voice came on the phone.

"Justin?"

"I thought you've forgotten about us." he said.

"How could I forget the two idiots that made my college years the best and the worst." I sarcastically spoke while getting up from my bed. I headed over to the living area to eat breakfast when it dawned on me what Justin said.

"Wait, you're in Aeredale?" I shockingly asked.

"Surprise?" Justin said, more of a question than a statement. It's been almost 5 years since I left the city without anyone ever calling or texting me and these two asshats just decided to come over without a word.

I mentally slapped myself and groaned loudly,"Why didn't you guys tell me you were coming over?"

"It was Zach's idea not to tell you. Just come over here and we'll tell you what's up." he said.

I put on some pants and a decent shirt,"Where are you guys at?" I asked.

"What's this place called again?" I hear Zach ask,"It's uhhh...some French-themed fast food restaurant." he stated.

Aimée's.

"Oh." I managed to say. Of course they had to go to Aimée's restaurant, it's not like there's hundreds of other places they could eat from and they just chose the one where I was best friends with the owner's daughter.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

After walking towards Cour de Roi, I find two idiots that were seated near the window and went inside. Zach and Justin immediately started yelling as soon as I entered through the front door, prompting some of the customers to start glaring at them.

I mentally face-palmed myself before walking towards them quietly, they were both seated on one side of the table while I sat across from them, hoping I won't get to kill them as it's their first time visiting the town.

"What took you so long? Don't you have a car?" Zach snapped, eating his burger.

"No and that's not important." I replied, pushing past the anger in my tone,"Why the hell are you guys here?" I asked.