Chapter 6

Jessica's POV

I made my way to the hall, feeling nervous and excited at the same time. I entered through the first door on my right with a sign on the door saying "Administrative Office."

I took a deep breath before turning the doorknob, the room had a dark blue interior with 20-30 desks arranged, potted plants in the corners and water dispensers.

The room only had a couple officers in, four to be exact. One was sitting in his desk, filing through his computer while the other three were talking to each other. As soon as I entered, all four of them put their attention to the latter.

The three officers started whispering to each other,"The rookie has arrived." one said.

"I heard she's from the city." another said.

"I bet she's a tough nut." the last one remarked.

I quietly made my way past them and through the other desks, I find my name on one and was completely shocked, my own desk. A metal-plated tag with my name carved in bold letters sitting alone on top of an empty dark brown maple wood desk.

I sat down on the provided office chair and ran my hands through the tabletop feeling its smooth and polished texture. I mentally grin on my own amusement when I noticed the three had gone quiet.

I almost didn't notice that the fourth officer was actually just a table beside mine. He looked busy and didn't care enough to notice my presence as his "table roommate".

I was about to speak to him when all of a sudden,"Good morning..." the three officers appeared on the other side of my table,"Officer Flynn." extending his neck to look at the metal plate on my table.

I gave him a stern and dead-on look as well as the other two,"So you're the rookie from the city, huh?" he pointed out with a smug grin,"Maybe we could go out sometime, get a drink and get to know each other a little bit or if you ever wanna get nasty..." he licked his lips disgustingly and I flinch away and mentally puke in my own head.

"What do ya say?" he asked, his two posses smiling behind him.

I took a deep breath, I'm about to go crazy on this guy,"Sorry, I don't go out with assholes who have their dicks in their hand all the time." I stated.

The two behind him at least laughed at my joke but I think I just hit home on his ass,"Feisty. How long do you think a bitch like you could last in the force?" he countered.

"Longer than you last in bed." I replied. The two literally burst out laughing while this guy is still trying to win my game.

"Bitch! Someone should teach you a lesson about respecting your superiors." he angrily expressed, I got him on the hook now.

"Why should I? Men like you are the reason God created the middle finger." I stated.

He raised his hand, about to attack me so I stood up from my chair ready to defend myself,"Marquez, what the hell are you doing?!" a deep voice boomed through the room.

We all looked to the man in front of us,"Chief, I was just testing the rookie." Marquez put his hand down, trying to play it off.

"Shut the hell up, you three get back to your desks." the chief ordered, the three quickly scattered back to their desks and acted like it was nothing.

The chief looked at me,"Come to my office, rookie." he ordered. His voice was threatening and full of authority to send shivers down my spine, it wasn't until he left the room that I breathed properly.

I looked at the fourth officer who's giggling in his chair,"Do you think that's funny?" I asked him.

"Calm down, rookie. You might catch a cold with those sick burns." he commented through his laugh.