Chapter 10

Nate's POV

My heart is racing, my palms are sweating, my mind is running inside my head and my stomach feels like flipping over.

She eyed the stock shelf up and down as she held a strawberry cupcake in her right hand and a chocolate chip muffin on the other, clearly debating over whether to pick the cupcake or the muffin. Both are equally delicious the same way.

I've never thought anyone could be as alluring and as gorgeous as my mom but I've been proven wrong, everything about her seems perfect to my eyes. Her rosy lips were naturally appealing and her almond-shaped eyes were as green as emeralds in the deep sea, they were fiery and intense and gave off a mysterious vibe about her.

Her porcelain fair skin easily stood out among the dark-painted walls of my bakery and her dark blue police uniform wasn't much of a difference either.

She wore a black police hat that covered most of her head but I can tell her shoulder-length electric blonde hair was a lobbed hairstyle, wafting a sweet delicate aroma of honeysuckle in the room as she stood near the air conditioner, swaying her hair in my direction by the cold wind.

I feel like a little child in a candy store because she is definitely sweet to look at.

I notice that the man she's with I assume is her partner standing in front of the counter undoubtedly staring at me looking like an amused psycho, I straighten my posture to face him.

"Are you Mr. Nate Adams?" he asked, a gruff tone in his voice.

"Y-Yes." I nervously stutter out, I then realize that she was now walking towards the counter as well, making my heart skip a beat as she stood beside him with an icy cold expression staring at my face.

I managed not to freeze in place and just avoided her mighty gaze, it might break my mind if I stare at it for too long. She stood there quietly observing the fool who looked like he was going to pee his pants—me.

"We've followed your recent complaint in the station around 5AM that your business has been raided by a thief, is this correct?" he asked again, pulling out a notepad from his jacket pocket.

"Yes." I answered,"But the officer in the information desk said that it would take a while before a responder takes my case." I explained.

"Well, it's your lucky day, Mr. Adams," he acknowledged and immediately found the error in his words,"Not really as you just got robbed though..." he took back.

There was an awkward silence in between us before the girl cleared her throat and finally spoke out of exasperation.

"May we take a look at where the crime took place?" she asked with mild frustration in her tone, her voice was fruity and calming to listen to despite her obvious irritation.

I lead both of them to my office, the room felt unfamiliar to me even though I've practically been here a thousand times, it felt like jamais vu and it was making me feel uncomfortable.

The presence she has in the room where I usually relax and store my personal belongings make me extremely anxious because I'm afraid over what she might view me,

What if she thinks I'm a nasty person? I should've tidied this place up before I let them in.

Once they entered, I got a closer look at her and noticed her short stature and her hat wasn't helping her get any taller than me, I don't know why I laughed in my head nor found it funny but they sure noticed my amusement.