(2) Phone Call

This Oneshot takes place after Larry finds out the museum exhibits will be moved to the National Archives. (In this AU Ahkmenrah is being shipped as well, without the tablet.)

————

"What?!" You yell in horror.

Your father, Larry Daley of Daley devices, unpacks a bag of Chinese takeout and sighs. Your little brother Nicky stands next to you, with an equally shocked face.

"I told you guys, there's nothing I can do. I've tried calling Dr. Mcfee, and the board, but it's too late."

"Maybe if you didn't quit being a nightguard this wouldn't be happening." You snap.

"Look (yn) I know you're upset, but yelling won't do anything. The truck left this morning." Larry says.

You feel hot tears forming in your eyes. How could they take him? How could they take everyone?! Why couldn't your dad have just kept his job instead of quitting, for something else? You didn't get to say goodbye to everyone...you never even told Ahkmenrah that you-

The phone rings. Larry goes to pick it up.

"Hello?" He says into his phone.

"Gigantor! It's me, Jedediah!"

You can hear yelling in the background.

"Jed? What are you...how-how'd you dial the phone?"

"Long story. That brazen little monkey stole the tablet, and now we're in a world of hurt, boy!" Jedediah yells through the phone.

"What's going on?" Larry asks, sounding panicked.

"Kahmunrah!"

"Kahmunrah?"

"Ahkmenrah's big brother! He's here, and trust me, he's not a friendly! I repeat, not a friendly!"

You hear another yell in the background.

"Jed? Is that Attila? Jed?! Are you okay?!" Larry yells, panicked, into the phone.

"Hey, you let go of me!" Jed yells.

"Hey, Jed? Jed?!"

The phone is hung up. Larry just stares at it in shock for a moment.

"What was that all about?" You ask, worried.

"Why did Dexter take the tablet?" Nick asks.

"I'm not sure, but I need to find out." Larry sets the phone down. "I'm taking you two to your moms."

"No way! I'm coming with you, Dad!" You say, crossing your arms.

"Definitely not, (yn). It's way too dangerous."

"I want to help! Jed, Dexter, Attila, Ahkmenrah, and all the other exhibits are my friends!"

Larry sighs and looks at his phone. "Fine, but we need to hurry.

You, your brother, and father all bolt for the door and hop in a cab. You drop off Nick, and head to the airport.

After buying tickets, and going through security, you sit down in you window seat next to Larry on a round trip flight to Washington D.C.

You look out the window at the rising sun.

Don't worry Ahk. We're coming.