(39) Someone Better

You merrily skip down the halls of the museum to Ahkmenrah's tomb. You were absolutely thrilled, as today Aaron, one of the hottest guys at school, had asked you out. You couldn't wait to tell your best friend, Ahkmenrah, the news. "Ahk! Ahk?" You peek your head into the Egyptian room. "Ya in here?"

"(Yn), I have something to tell you." Ahk says, walking into view.

"I have something to tell you too!" You exclaim.

"You go first, What is it?" Ahkmenrah asks smiling, and walking over to you.

"You'll never guess what! Aaron asked me out!!" You squeal.

Ahk's smile almost instantly fades. "O-oh...he did?"

You're too exited to notice the pharaoh's change in mood. "This is going to be amazing! You have no idea how long I've been waiting to get asked out!"

Ahk feels a lump form in his throat. He was too late. One sentence too late to confess his feelings for you. "I'm really happy for you, (yn)." He says, plastering a smile overtop of his disappointment.

"So what did you want to tell me?" You ask.

The pharaoh looked over at you smiling up at him. He didn't have the heart to tell you that he was just about to ask you out. "O-oh nothing...just that Dexter stole your dad's keys again." Ahk blandly chuckles.

"Oh shoot! I'd better go help him get them back!" You quickly exclaim. You begin running out of the room. "See you soon, Ahk! Wish me luck!"

"Good luck." Ahkmenrah mutters. He looks down at his fist. He slowly opens his hand to reveal a golden necklace with a bright sapphire pendant on it. He was planning on giving it to you if you agreed to go out with him. Whole lot of good it did now.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

"Why are you in such a good mood?" Nicky asks, poking his head into your bedroom, where you were happily picking out a outfit to wear.

"I have a date with a boy from my school tonight." You say, picking up a (fc) floral dress.

"Dang you're oblivious." He scoffs.
"And that's saying something coming from a eighth grade boy."

"What are you talking about?" You ask, not looking away from the dress you were still debating on wearing.

"Nothing. Forget I said anything."

You shrug. "Alright, get out. I need to change."

Nicky closes the door. You put on the floral dress, feeling satisfied with your outfit choice. As you fix your hair, you dwell on what Nicky said. What did he mean by 'oblivious' ? What did I miss?

You then hear the doorbell ring. You quickly spritz on some perfume and rush out of your bedroom. You open up the door to see Aaron standing there, wearing a nice dress shirt. His usual messy light brown hair is combed back. You blush a bit when you see him.

"(Yn). You look stunning." He smiles, eyeing your body up and down.

"T-Thankyou." You feel your heart thump rapidly. "You look g-good too."

"Thanks. I try. Should we get going?" He asks, holding his hand out to you.

:-:-:-:-:-:

You and Aaron sit in the movie theater, watching a romance. It was late in the night now, as the two of you went to dinner before the movie.

You feel Aaron's hand touch yours, and you turn your head to face him. He gives you his signature smirk and brushes his hand across your cheek. He leans in towards you, lips puckered.
You suddenly feel a pit form in your stomach. This didn't feel right. "Aaron...."

"Don't speak." He says, roughly kissing you on the lips.

Your eyes widen at the touch, and you shove Aaron off of you. "Aaron, what the heck?!" You loudly whisper. "I never agreed to that!"

"You didn't have to. Why did you think we sat in the back of the theater?" He twirls a lock of your hair in his finger.

"No. I don't want this."

"No girl says no to me, (yn)." He hisses.

"Well I just did." You stand up and grab your bag. "Goodbye Aaron."

He grabs your wrist. "Don't do this."

You feel his hand tighten, and your wrist begins hurting horribly. "Let go! Your hurting me!"

"You'll never find someone better then me." He growls. "Why don't you stay, darling."

Your eyes widen. That was Ahk's pet name for you. "Aaron. Let go of me."

"What did I say about-"

The heel of your shoe slams down onto Aaron's foot, making him cry out in pain and causing everyone in the theater to turn their heads and face you two.

"And by the way. I already know a guy whose ten times better then you." 

:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Ahkmenrah sat at the front desk, sadly tapping a pencil up and down on the wooden surface. He wasn't really in the mood to do anything with the other exhibits.

"Ahkmenrah? What's the matter my boy?" Teddy asks, trotting up to him on his horse, Texas.

Ahk sighs. "(Yn)'s going out on a date tonight. I was going to ask her out last night but I was too late."

"Oh. I'm so sorry lad." Teddy pats the young pharaoh's back.

Suddenly something starts banging on the front door. "Let me in!! Please!!" A girls voice cries out.

"(Yn)!" Ahk gasps, running to the door. The pharaoh quickly opens the door and you run into Ahkmenrah's arms. He wraps his strong arms protectively around you, and you nuzzle your face into his chest, tears running down your cheeks.

"Ahk I'm so so sorry...I never should've gone out with him.." you whimper.

"What happened?"

"He didn't care about me at all. He only cared about what I could do for him. I never should've gone on that date. I barely got away."

Ahk's heart breaks for you. "I'm so sorry, darling.. You didn't deserve that. You deserve to be loved. Not used."

You look up at Ahk through misty eyes. "Thankyou."

"For what?"

"Being here for me."

"I always will."

You snuggle into Ahk's arms, finally feeling safe. Safe and loved.