Chapter 47: The War Begins

Rumble Rumble Rumble!

At this moment 80,000 shinobi and samurai had run off from the Allied Shinobi Forces headquarters following their respective captains to the battlefield. All five regiments separated from each other to reach their designated locations. The Second Division under captain Kitsuchi were just about to settle down at their designated location when they received word from HQ about an army of White Zetsu moving underground. Kitsuchi frowned as he looked at his daughter and said, "Oi, Kurotsuchi. Did HQ predict the underground route that Zetsu is taking?"

Kurotsuchi nodded. "Dad, HQ said that they're marching about a mile out west of our location. Shouldn't we do something about this?"

"Mn. Kurotsuchi, follow me. We're going to unearth them and take them head-on." Kitsuchi turned to the rest of his division as he gave out his command. "All members of the Second Division listen to me! We just received word that an army of White Zetsu is moving underground a mile west from here. Kurotsuchi and I will go unearth the enemy. I want all of you to group up in at least a pair of two or three. No more than four in a group so as to maximize your fighting potential without hindering each other. Understood?!"

Everyone in the Second Division saluted as they shouted, "Yes captain!"

Kitsuchi nodded in approval as he turned to his daughter. "Let's go!"

Swish!

Just as Kitsuchi and Kurotsuchi left to unearth the enemy everyone else began to group up. Hinata and Neji immediately paired up as Kimimaro walked over to Hanabi and said, "Hanabi, since Izaya isn't here it is my job to make sure that you're safe. If something happens to you I'm not sure what crazy thing Izaya might decide to do."

Hanabi smiled at the sentiment that Izaya would care enough about her to do something crazy should anything happen but erased that thought immediately before replying, "Okay Maro, lets pair up. But not because I need your protection. Rather, it's because you and I have trained and know each other's fighting style. Don't keep looking down on me just because I'm a girl and a bit younger than you."

BOOM!

It was at that moment a huge volcano shaped rock formation appeared spitting out thousands upon thousands of White Zetsu's from the top. Everyone then heard Kitsuchi's loud voice, "ATTACK!"

"AHHHH!" Everyone in the Second Division screamed a loud battlecry as they charged forward into the midst of the White Zetsu army.

Bang! Boom! Bang!

The sound of battle raged all around as the army of White Zetsu was being decimated in the initial clash. Hanabi activated her Byakugan and dodged the ambush of two Zetsu's before shouting, "Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm!" She thrust out both her palms causing powerful airwaves to smash into the Zetsu's killing them as they crashed into the forest trees. Near her location was Kimimaro with sharp bones protruding out from his hands as he expertly slashed and swung his weapon decapitating the heads from several Zetsus. Just as he turned around to check on Hanabi a giant mutated version of multiple Zetsu's together appeared and smashed its fist downwards at his head. Kimimaro merely scoffed as several large bone protrusions emerged from his shoulder and shot forth in an attempt to stab and lock this Zetsu in place. However, before his bones could make contact with Zetsu's fist he heard Hanabi yell out, "Lighting Style Falling Thunder!" A miniature dark storm cloud appeared above the mutated Zetsu and released a series of large lightning bolts stunning and eventually killing it.

The mutated Zetsu finally collapsed on the ground revealing Hanabi a few feet away as Kimimaro stood in the same spot with large bones still protruding out from his shoulder while he stared at Hanabi. "I had that under control you know."