Chapter 33: Danzo Takes Action

As I sat next to Yamato-sensei watching Naruto attempt his Rasenshuriken I started to wonder whether Kakuzu and Hidan would also attack at this time. The way things have been going makes me question the timing of things now but maybe I should still check I thought to myself. I placed my hands in the clone hand sign and said, "Shadow Clone Jutsu." In a puff of white smoke a second Izaya appeared beside me.

"Eh? Why did you create a clone for?" Yamato asked bewildered.

"I just wanted to check on something." I replied as my clone disappeared with the Flying Thunder God Jutsu and reappeared in my room. It then opened the window and jumped out as it walked around town. Eh? The atmosphere seems strange. Many of the Jonin and Chunin chakra signatures are spread way too thin and not many are left inside the village. Did they all go out on a mission? Don't tell me Hidan and Kakuzu really came to Konoha during this time. I then activated the Flying Thunder God once more and flew to Haku's location.

Swish!

Just as Shikamaru, Asuma, Kotetsu, and Izumo were finally about to recover from the shock of Haku and Kimimaro's battle they were instantly shocked once more by my sudden arrival beside Haku. "Eh? Big brother, are you finally finished with what Yamato-sensei needed you for?" Haku asked. I however, didn't answer as I just stared at the destruction all around us.

"Er...Did I come at a good time or a bad time?" I said inquisitively. Shikamaru and the others recovered from their shock faster this time as Shikamaru said, "Izaya, so you came too, huh? Well, not that I'm complaining. We fought against the Akatsuki. Thankfully Haku and Kimimaro came just in time to back us up and saved us from a terrible fate. We probably would have died if they hadn't showed up."

"What the hell? How did this guy get here? Oi! Let me go you bastards! These bone things hurt. Kakuzu, are you really dead? Stop pretending! Hurry up and free us! We don't know what the hell these guys are gonna do to us!" Hidan screamed, cursed, and shouted. Haku turned to face Hidan and said, "Give it up. He's really dead. There's no way he survived Mazu's attack."

EH? So Hidan is still alive huh? Looks like Kimimaro did a good number on him I mentally thought and smirked. I walked over to Haku and Kimimaro and placed my hands on their shoulders saying, "Good job you two! Capturing one member of the Akatsuki and killing the other. Not an easy feat to accomplish." Shikamaru and the others walked over at this time as well to inspect and collect Kakuzu's body. "Kotetsu, Izumo, you both secure Kakuzu's body. I'll help take care of Asuma-sensei." Shikamaru said.

"Mn. Then let's do that." They said in agreement. At that moment a few white birds flew in the air and off into the distance, however, I faintly sensed a watching eye through those birds when they flew by. I furrowed my brow. In my past life Asuma died and Kakuzu and Hidan were about to kill the others before they were called back by Pain. Those white birds must of been a technique of theirs in someway. Or maybe a technique of Konan. I turned my head to see Kotetsu and Izumo picking up Kakuzu's body when I stepped forward and said, "Wait."

"Eh? What is it?" They said.

"There's too many variables that could happen during the transport of these two Akatsuki members. Our best bet is to just have me teleport you guys to Konoha. I'll have my main body set up a place with Lord Fifth and I'll send you guys there." I replied.

"Can you do that?" Shikamaru asked. I nodded my head and dispelled the Shadow Clone technique turning into a puff of smoke. "Eh? So he was a clone the entire time?" Izumo said as he stared in wonderment.

As I sat next to Yamato my expression changed at that moment. Kakashi noticed my change in expression and said, "Is something wrong Izaya?"

"Well...I wouldn't say wrong, but something eventful did happen. Short story is that one Akatsuki member is dead and another one was captured. I'm going to meet with Lady Tsunade to set up a place to hold them and then directly teleport them into that space. This will reduce the number of variables that could come into play when attempting to transport them back to Konoha." I replied as I disappeared in the next moment.