Chapter 15: Meeting Orochimaru Again

The next day we all arrived outside the Forest of Death. I looked straight at the forest as I thought about how Orochimaru would try to disguise himself and make an appearance during the exam. Tch. I'm sure he won't remember me or recognize me as its been so long. The fact that Lord Third is a sensor type ninja but failed to detect the whereabouts of his own disciple Orochimaru means I probably won't be able to detect him either. The only reason I'll know is because of my knowledge from my previous life. I wonder if he's actually here though and going to instigate an attack as he didn't have Kimimaro to help battle it out with the Fourth Kazekage.

As we all stood there in front of the entrance Anko said, "This is the site of the second exam. The 44th training ground, also known as the Forest of Death." Just as Naruto started making another fuss Anko played an intimidation trick on Naruto. At that moment someone also snuck up behind Anko.

Guh! Th-That is definitely Orochimaru in disguise! I mentally screamed. He looks exactly like how I remembered in my previous life. Crap! He really came.

After their exchange Anko stood back at the front of the entrance to the Forest of Death and proceeded to explain the details. From what I remember, we are either given a scroll of earth or heaven and have to somehow get the one we don't possess by any means. Then our entire team brings it to the center of the tower. As there are 27 teams left at least 13 will be eliminated. It's a bit different from my past life since from my knowledge only 26 teams were supposed to pass the first exam, but with the addition of Team 11 we made up the extra team. After the second exam only 7 teams passed out of the 13 total possible. In this case it might be possible for more or less to pass this time depending on our encounter. I wonder how the scroll is going to be divided up then as it'll be uneven.

At this moment Anko said, "Alright, since there are 27 teams in total, 13 teams will get the earth scroll, 13 teams will get the heaven scroll, and one team will get the man scroll. If you have the earth scroll you need to collect either the heaven scroll or the man scroll. If you have the heaven scroll you need either the earth scroll or the man scroll. And if you have the man scroll, collecting either an earth scroll or heaven scroll will do. You won't know who has which scroll at the beginning, so use whatever means you want to in order to find out and obtain the scroll you need once you're inside. You have 5 days to complete the objective. After you sign a death waiver form you can obtain your scroll in that tent over there."

I kept a close eye on Orochimaru's movement as he filled out the form without batting an eye, grabbed a scroll from the tent with his team and stood on standby. I turned to Haku and Kimimaro and pulled them a bit further away before whispering to them and motioning with my head, "Haku, Kimimaro, do you see that person over there?"

Haku and Kimimaro nodded. "What's up big brother?" Haku asked curiously.

Without trying to make them too suspicious of my knowledge I pretended to rely on my sensory skills and said, "I'm not 100% sure of this but his aura is similar to Orochimaru's. Be extremely wary of him if we meet in the forest."

Haku and Kimimaro's eyes widened with extreme shock before anger welled up inside them. "So this is that bastard who caused big brother to suffer? I want to tear him apart limb from limb." Haku sneered.

"Mn. I won't let anything happen to you Izaya." Kimimaro said while clenching his fist.

I sighed at their extreme reaction but at the same time felt emotionally touched. Mn, I made the right choice choosing Haku and Kimimaro as my brothers I thought. "Oi. Hide your rage and murderous intent or else we'll get noticed." I said to them.

Hm? Orochimaru looked over seeming to notice Haku's and Kimimaro's rage. Haku and Kimimaro quickly reigned in their emotions and apologized.

Oh? They seem a bit appetizing. Orochimaru thought as he licked his lips with that long creepy tongue of his before turning away from us and taking a quick glance at Sasuke.