Chapter 19: Playing Instructor

Orochimaru watched intently in anticipation. He had specifically planted Yoroi in the Chunin exams so he could fight Sasuke. He wanted him to use his unique ability to absorb chakra and drain Sasuke of his chakra in an attempt to have Sasuke rely on the Curse Mark. Yoroi weaved some hand signs together before his palms lit up in blue. He slowly made his way over to Sasuke who stared intently at Yoroi. Once Yoroi got within 10 feet, Sasuke pulled out his kunai and threw it at Yoroi's chest. Just as Yoroi jumped to the side to dodge, Sasuke used his superior speed and agility to move right underneath him and kicked upwards at Yoroi's chin. He was caught off guard and flew into the air after the kick connected. Sasuke mirrored Lee's Taijutsu move from when they fought in the academy before the first exam. He used the Shadow of the Dancing Leaf technique to appear behind Yoroi in the air before using his own original Taijutsu move he called Lion Combo. That had ended the fight completely as Yoroi was instantly knocked unconscious from Sasuke's barrage of attacks.

Orochimaru narrowed his eyes in disappointment and then in astonishment. At that moment he had finally taken note of the pattern around Sasuke's Curse Mark which now had a pattern of a fire ring seal that locked the influence of the Mark in place. He continued to contemplate what the heck happened and who had placed that seal there, but in the end he resumed his normal expression and disappeared from his spot.

Mn. I nodded my head in acknowledgement. In my past life Sasuke struggled a bit against this Yoroi person but this time he finished the fight quickly and flawlessly. Probably because I placed that seal on him and prevented it from flaring up during the fight. Also because in my past life they were the last team to pass the second exam so they were exhausted in their fight. This time they finished early and had a days rest before the start of the preliminaries. Kakashi took Sasuke to the back in seclusion as I had expected.

He's probably going to place on the stronger version of the Evil Suppression Seal I silently thought to myself. I glanced over the room and didn't find Orochimaru meaning he was going to pay Kakashi and Sasuke a visit like I remember. I had to seriously think about what I was going to do about the next set of events. How am I going to respond? How should I deal with it? I sighed to myself. I guess I'll leave Sasuke be. I can't keep treating him and others like they are my pawns on a chess board. Sasuke is a person as well and he'll also develop his own ninja way. He needs to grow stronger but if I keep interfering then it's like I'll end up having to be his teacher, that's too much of a pain. If I remember correctly in my past life even the filler episodes of the anime showed what would've happened if both Naruto and Sasuke's family survived. In the end, Sasuke still ended up going to find Orochimaru and Naruto ended up saving him. And the whole reason is because Sasuke seriously has an inferiority complex. I let out another sigh. Forget it, if Sasuke leaves the village later then I won't stop him, I'll let Naruto handle that. Those two share a powerful bond in a weird way, but a bond that'll somehow work itself out I guess.

"Next match is Aburame Shino versus Karasuma Izaya!" Hayate said.

Oh? It's me. Just before I left for the arena Haku quickly said, "Big brother, your right arm isn't healed yet so be careful."

"Mn." I nodded in agreement. I then jumped down from the balcony to the arena.

Up on the balcony Ino, Shikamaru, and Choji simply said, "Poor Shino." Asuma looked at them confused and said, "Oi? Why did you guys say that? The fight hasn't even started yet."

"Haha...Asuma-sensei, you haven't seen that guy fight before so you don't know, but if I were to be honest I don't think any Genin candidate here right now can beat him. The only ones who might stand a chance are his own teammates since I don't know how strong they are." Shikamaru replied.

"Eh?" Asuma glanced at Izaya seriously. If Shikamaru is the one saying that then there is definitely a reason for him to make such a statement he thought.