Chapter 9: Becoming Genin

Everyone was up early the next morning and crowded by the classroom entrance. Looks like everyone who passed the graduation exam and became a Genin are here. I walked over to where Haku and Kimimaro were standing. "Big brother, you're here early today!" Haku said with a surprised smile on his face.

"Haha, well I figured I should be early and see who all the new Genin are." I replied. I turned to look where Sakura and Ino were arguing and saw Naruto sitting on the floor. Looks like everything went as I thought it would last night. Naruto successfully learned the Shadow Clone Jutsu and graduated with us. Suddenly a realization struck me. Doesn't Naruto and Sasuke accidentally kiss during this meeting?

Lone behold Naruto propped himself up on Sasuke's desk and stared intently in his eyes. Very closely.

Haha...I inwardly chuckled. Not sure what to make of this. I'll just enjoy the show I guess. Not long after the event played out exactly as I predicted. The student sitting in front of Naruto leaned back and bumped Naruto forcing his and Sasuke's lips to meet. A full on kiss I facepalmed. As a sensory type ninja my senses were more attuned than others but it didn't take one to feel the fire of wrath and rage coming off from the mob of girls standing to the side. The whole fiasco continued to play out exactly as I remembered it as. Not long after Iruka-sensei walked in to congratulate us and explain to us what was to come.

"From here on, you'll be in a squad of three and carry out missions with your Jonin instructor."

"Eh, wonder who's gonna be paired with Sasuke." Ino remarked mockingly to Sakura.

"Who knows." Sakura replied with an air of indifference, however, internally she was gearing up for war.

Some other students were also discussing the prospect of who they were going to be paired up with. "I hope to be paired with Haku, he's so handsome."

"That's fine, I rather be paired with Izaya."

"Haku is almost too pretty he makes me look bad."

"Izaya is incredibly handsome and cool, and that blindfold makes him seem so mysterious."

"Eh, you two should probably stop daydreaming. I'm definitely getting paired up with one of the 4 Genin kings."

I shuddered inwardly as I heard that. It was a nickname that everyone in the academy started calling us after we showed off our skills. They were obviously referring to Kimimaro, Haku, Sasuke, and myself. Well, before it was just the 4 academy kings, but looks like the name changed since we've become Genin.

Please Lord Third, keep me together with Kimimaro and Haku I silently prayed. Sasuke inwardly sneered when he heard that he'd have to be paired with two others. They'll only slow me down he thought. He then gave a sideways glance at us. Except for maybe those three he thought.

We then turned our attention back at Iruka-sensei who continued to explain. "Now the groups have already been decided based on balance or synergy." As Iruka-sensei continued to list out the teams he eventually got to Team 7.

"Team 7. Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura, and Uchiha Sasuke. Team 8. Hyuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba, Aburame Shino. Team 10. Yamanaka Ino, Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Choji. And finally Team 11. Kaguya Kimimaro, Yuki Haku, Karasuma Izaya. That's all."

Right after Iruka-sensei finished his speech Naruto immediately made a fuss. Sasuke had a slight look of disappointment but otherwise remained indifferent. A girl then raised her hand and asked, "Iruka-sensei, didn't you say that the teams were made to best balance their strength. How come Kimimaro-kun, Haku-kun, and Izaya-kun are paired together? Aren't they three geniuses? If there's a mistake somewhere I don't mind being paired with one of them." A lot of other students, not just the girls nodded their agreement.