27

"You finally...came to my home...right infront of me... Kibutsuji Muzan..."

"The demon...My family...The demon hunters...have been chasing for a thousand years.." Ubuyashiki muttered while Muzan frowned. A glimpse of thought that he saw his own mother.

In his mind entering..."what if she suffered like that when I didn't help her?" He thought. A pang of pain in his heart.

His plum red eyes peeked at his mother who had an expression he couldn't quite read.

"Amane...what form... what shape... does this man...have...?" Kaguya asked his wife.

"He looks like a man in his late twenties. But his eyes are plum red and his pupils are vertical like a cat's" the woman describes. Her eyes scanning the king of demons.

Then, her eyes noticed Y/n and kept quiet. Amane tapped Ubuyashiki's arm three times, a sign that the infamous lady had also arrived. Ubuyashiki nodded in understanding.

"Oh...okay... I... thought you'd come...for Sure..." Ubuyashiki mumbled as he stared at the ceiling before turning back to the proeginator.

"I'm sure you're extremely mad at me...at the Ubuyashiki family... But that's also why...I...was the only one who thought you'd come kill me yourself" he stated at him.

"I'm truly disappointed, Ubuyashiki" Muzan spoke.

"I've lived a thousand years without showing signs of aging. And the old family who's gotten in my way all this time is now reduced to this"

"Repulsive. Utterly repulsive. You already smell like a godamn corpse, Ubuyashiki" Muzan adds.

Y/n flinched. "Was that what he smelt when I had the curse too?" She asked herself.

Kaguya forces himself up, shaking in the process. "I figured... as much...I...was told by the doctors... half a year ago... that I was going to die in a few days.. yet here I am... still alive... and the doctors...we're at a loss for words" as he forced himself, blood dripped down and seeped through his white bandages.

"And I solely...dedicated my soul to defeating you...Muzan..." He spoke, blood dripping down from his mouth.

Muzan stared at him. "I will kill you right now. And your depleting dream will go to waste tonight."he replied nonchalantly.

Amane helps Kaguya sit up. "You... might not know this, but..."

"You and I...are of the same blood... You were born... A thousand years ago... so maybe your blood is different from mine...same with your mother I suppose..." Ubuyashiki added.

Muzan felt rage surge through his blood. His veins popped as his impatience running on a thin line.

"I...feel No emotion here. What are you trying to say?" He asked the frail man.

"A monster like you... came out of this family... from your mother... and that led my family... and your mother to be cursed..." He spoke.

"Every child born in our family was weak, and they died right away. But when our family was about to get wiped out from existence, the priest give us some advice..."

'A demon came from your bloodline so you must dedicate your soul to defeating him in if you do that your family will not die out'

"We have received wives from the priests for generations... and out children are more resilient to death now... But nobody in our family has lived beyond thirty...except your mother, Y/n" Ubuyashiki remarked. Knowing Muzan was getting irked at the constant bringing up of his mother.

Y/n laid a palm behind Muzan's back to calm him down. And this worked. Muzan's stiff body, relaxes.

"And now you're reduced to ramblings. It's utterly disgusting. Did that sickness get into your brain? That is of no consequence to me. After all..." Muzan raises a finger at his head.

"The heaven's are not punishing me. Despite the hundred, thousands of humans I've killed, I've been let off the hook. And I have never seen or Buddha over these thousands of years" he told them

Ubuyashiki coughs, his wife, Amane helped him.  "So... that's what you think...But...I have me own dreams about that..." He muttered. Finally seizing from the cough, he turned to Muzan once again.

"Muzan... what is your dream?" He asked him.

Muzan fell quiet at the question and frowned.

"It's been thousands of years... what kind... of dreams do you actually have?" He questioned the red eyed demon male.

Y/n stared at the two humans and sighed. The veil on her face blocked anyone from seeing her true complexion. Though, through a slit, Amane could see the resemblance.

"Number one, one night passes oh so busy, busy. Number two the two leafed pine. Put the decoration up on the line, on the line" two of Ubuyashiki's daughter's sang.

Y/n raised a brow. She had never heard this children's song before.

"Colours, colours. The three folded pine, is mount Kazusa, Mount a Kazusa" they sang continuously ad they played with ball.

"How about I make a guess... Muzan" Ubuyashiki spoke out.  Making the two demon's focus back on him.

"I understand your heart and soul. You dream of eternity you dream of being indestructible " The leader of Demon Slayers stated.

Muzan scoffed and smirked.

".......exactly. and it will come true very soon. Once I get my hands on Nezuko"

"Your dreams won't come true, Muzan"