Part 8

*Knock knock knock*

"Hey Seth, are ya in there?"

Tommy was knocking on Seth's bedroom door. He opened it after he got no answer and saw Seth's trapdoor to his hidden room open. So he climbed down.

"Seth?"

"Hey bro. I'm coming up so move your butt."

"Oh sorry man." They climbed out together and Seth closed the trapdoor.

"Hey. Why weren't you at the meeting?"

"Meeting? What meeting?"

"The one that ended a few minutes ago."

"Oh well, I've been down there soundproofing the area. I started working on it on that first day when Miss Burns blew out our eardrums with that stinkin' intercom."

"Oh," Tommy laughed, "well that proves it then."

"What happened at the meeting?"

"Well, a few things actually. Someone opened the door and killed Billy then during the meeting, Hailey went inside and almost killed Harps," Tommy and Seth were walking towards the door by now.

"What! That's crazy! Why would anyone want to kill her, she's so sweet and innocent."

"Well she was accusing her of lying and Hailey snapped and choked her. John saved her of course but she was mighty strong. She punched John and left him bleeding and thrown back."

Seth dramatically widened his eyes, "Oh that's serious! Jeez! What's in there anyways?" Seth opened the door since no one bothered to remove the key.

"Hey, we shouldn't go in there! Hailey said it was some kind of moss or something."

"Don't worry," Seth's ear started to drip again, "I've already been there."

"HEY WHA-!" Seth shoved him in the room and closed the door.

I heard Tommy. I knew something was wrong. Since my house was the closest, I went to investigate.

"Hey what's going on here?"

"Harp! I was just looking."

"Cool story bro. Now where's tommy?"

"He's in there."

"WHAT! Tommy Tommy!"

"Quit your yappin', I'm here."

"*sigh* Tommy don't scare me like that. Are you ok?" Although he was staring at Seth, almost like he was listening. Both their ears were dripping. "Tommy? .......Seth? ..... What's going on?" My eyes switched back and forth between their faces. Then at the same time they gave each other a nod.

"Ok Harps. Don't scream" Tommy said as they both walked towards me with their arms up for grabbing.

"It's the moss isn't it. Seth...you killed Billy? Then you shoved Tom in the room didn't you? The moss tells you to kill people. It makes you stronger and faster," I was backing away as they were approaching, "My guess is that you can talk to each other telekinetically too." My back hit the wall. "You're going to kill me too, aren't you?" They stopped gave each other one glance. One glance was all it took. Then unexpectedly Red came.

"No don't! We need her." We all turned to face him.

"True...and ...Tom just needs one kill. He wants John." Their plan was easy to guess by now. That was it. I bolted to the row. I ran behind the houses. I would find someone. Anyone. Warn Johnny. Anything. But it wasn't ten feet when two different hands caught me. One at my mouth and another at my nose. Their other hands either caught my shoulder or my wrists. Instincts told me drop to the floor. Stomp my feet. Make as much noise as I can. I didn't drop a inch and I couldn't breathe. I was seeing red spots. My head was spinning. I was growing weak. They placed me on the ground on my back. I was staring at their smirking faces.

"Get the gag and blindfold." Seth told Tom.

"Hey what's going on here!" It was Hugo. "Woah hey! That's Harper! Uh oh," he yelled and ran away. Tommy pulled out his bow and arrow. He drew and fired before Seth could tell him not to. The arrow pierced past Hugo's spine and through his heart. The last thing I saw was Hugo, dropping dead.