Chapter Five

Edited 1/7/15

You longed to be in the comfort of your home, tired and feed up from today alone. Your foot itched to slam on the gas, trying to get home as soon as possible, but you couldn't find the courage to do it.

The ride was silent as the radio was dull and not appealing to you.

You called Hanji to come over to your house so you could talk about what happened. Erwin would probably hear the information from Levi.

You pulled into the driveway and shut off the car, silencing the roaring engine of the car.

The autumn air hit you like a ton of bricks, the cold sending chills up your spine and goose bumps appeared on your arms.

You shivered as you walked to the door, opened the house with the key and walked inside the house.

You were met with a silent house. There was no life inside it except you, but you had felt like you were already dying inside.

You set the keys on the kitchen counter and walked to the bedroom.You removed the dress off your body and got into some pajamas.

A knock on the door made you jump slightly as it caught you off guard.

You opened it, revealing Hanji with a bottle of red wine. You gave her a weak smile before letting her inside.

"I know you don't need alcohol, but wine is healthier especially red wine." She handed you the bottle and sat on the couch.

"Thanks for the wine Hanji. Do you want a glass?" You asked her as you rummaged through your cupboard to search for glasses.

"Why not, one glass wouldn't hurt.” She exclaimed, turning on the television to drown out the silence.

You grabbed two glasses and poured a little bit of wine for the both of you.

You walked over with the glasses of wine and plopped down next to Hanji, watching a chick flick as you drank the wine.

“I don't remember the last time I have had wine. It's been so long."You said as you gulped down the sweet wine.

Hanji paused before speaking up, as if she had remembered something.

"It was at that ugly sweater party remember, that's the party you met...."Hanji trailed off before taking a sip of wine.

It was December. 25, approximately six years ago.

"(F/n), you have to come to the party, it will be so fun!” Sasha had yelled from the other line.

She was one of your studying friends in college and ate instead of studying most of the time.

"I don't know Sasha. I have an exam tomorrow and I really don't want to get out of the house."You said into the phone.

Hanji ran over when she heard the word party come out of your mouth as you continued the conversation with Sasha.

"A party, come on (F/n) let's go!” Hanji begged you as Sasha laughed from the other line.

You finally caved in and groaned.

"Fine, but I'm not staying long!"You yelled to both of them and began to hang up the phone, but Sasha managed to yell out some last words to you.

"It's an ugly sweater party, so wear that sweater that you like so much."

You gasped as you heard that.

"That's my favorite sweater you idiot!"You yelled into the phone, but Sasha had already hung up.

Hanji was laughing really hard right beside you as she heard your conversation.

"Come on, let's get ready.” She dragged you to your bedroom so you could get ready for the party.

****

It was nighttime when you two were dressed.

You drove to the party with Hanji in tow, the car was filled with obnoxious chatter between you and Hanji.

You arrived at the said address and got out of the car. Hanji had on a homemade sweater knitted by her grandmother as you wore a (least favorite color) sweater since you didn't own a ugly sweater.

"This party is going to be the bomb.” Hanji giggled as you walked to the front door.

The sound of loud music could be heard from outside, the bass made your stomach start to vibrate.

The front lawn was crowded with people, some people you didn't realized but remembered that they came from other colleges.

"Who are these other people?"You whispered to Hanji as you knocked on the door.

"Oh, those people are from the Survey Corps; the college that is for the prestigious students.” Hanji chirped as she opened the door when nobody answered.

The Survey Corps hmm.

You walked into the crowded house.You were immediately hit with a strong scent of sweat and alcohol.

Well that's college for you.

"I'm going to find Sasha. I meet up with you later.” Hanji yelled over the booming music.

You only nodded your head before breaking off from her and immediately retreated to an empty corner on the wall.

Someone was passing out red wine, seeing that this was a fancy party for college kids. You grabbed a cup and sipped on it and continued to walk away.

You sighed in relief as fresh air wafted into your nose, the space was instantly better and didn't make it seemed crowded anymore.

Suddenly, you felt the space get tighter as a figure moved right beside you.

This is where everything in your life would change forever.

"Hello." A masculine voice spoke in your ear. Your body responded with shivers going up and down your back.

You looked to your left and was completely mesmerized by the sight you were seeing.

Your breath got caught in your throat as you looked at him.

Raven locks; beautiful steel blue/grey eyes; pale complexion,

He was everything you could have imagined.

He was the one.

"Hello."You responded in a passive voice.

He held out his hand for you to shake.

"I'm Levi Ackerman, and you are?” He asked you with a smirk.

You took his hand with yours and gave him a small smile.

"I'm (F/n) (L/n)."You responded back to him.

Now he was smiling.

"I couldn't help but notice you from across the room. Would it be rude if I told you that you were the most damn beautiful woman that I have ever seen in my life?"

You were blushing ten shades darker by now. By now, your body was in a euphoric state.

You were in love.