Chapter 16. Zabuza! Round Two.

A/N: 
Sorry this took longer to get this chapter out. I have been having some trouble with college and while writing this, and Wattpad decided to stop working on my computer making it awkward to write and edit so I'm writing the rest of it on my tablet. I was also going to make some changes to the chapter but eventually decided against it. Again, sorry for the wait.

Rose's POV

"Do you think it's really a good idea to leave him behind?" I asked while I crouched next to a sleeping Naruto who was sprawled out unceremoniously across the floor with his limps splayed in unnatural positions. I poked his cheek and watched as drool was dripped from the side of his mouth. 

"Yeah, he'll probably follow us once he wakes up anyway. The moron would hunt us down weather he had energy or not." Sasuke said and nudged Naruto roughly with his foot making the blond hold his side and scrunch his face up in his sleep and roll over.

"Your probably right." I said and poked him a few more times before I was stopped by Kakashi.

"Alright now, leave him to rest. We've got to get going." Kakashi said I reluctantly stopped bothering the sleeping Naruto and grabbed by bag before we all headed out the door where Tsunami was waiting to see us off. 

"Okay, then! I leave Naruto in your hands. Because he's used his body to the limit... I don't think he will be able to move today." Kakashi said to Tsunami who just waves him off before looking him over worryingly. "Mr. Kakashi, are you feeling all right?" She asked.

"Yes, somehow." Kakashi chuckled slightly.

"We'll be going!" Tazuna said enthusiastically, exited to get back to work and finish his bridge and we all turned around and set off towards out next battle. Of course, the others didn't know this for certain but I couldn't exactly tell them what was going to happen without a proper explanation.

I stared at the ground in through as we walked, by body tense. We would have to fight again today and it wouldn't be an easy fight. I glanced up at Sasuke who was walking slightly in front of me and watched his back. 

Sasuke will get seriously injured.

Haku will sacrifice himself for Zabuza.

Zabuza will die avenging Haku.

And I have no idea what will happen to me.

My brows scrunched together the more I thought about the outcome of this battle and trying to find a way to change things. It would be better if we didn't have to fight at all but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

I looked down at my hands and clenched my fists. Am I strong enough to change their fate? even with my training... is it enough?

.

Before I knew it, we were approaching the bridge and the silence gave off an eerie feeling after getting used to the boisterous chatter of the workers and the sounds of machinery but now...

Everything was silent.

No birds. No chatter. No machinery. No nothing, apart from our footsteps in the gravel path.

As we got closer to the end of the bridge, we could make out shadows slumped on the ground until we got close enough to tell what exactly they were... or who...

"W-What the heck is this?!" Tazuna yelled out as we were confronted with a mass of unconscious workers who were either not moving or shivering with pain in their unconscious state. "What's going on? What happened?"

There was a gust of wind and a heavy mist started to set in around us as the air started to turn cold.

It's time.