Chapter 33

Mayas POV

The next few days I wasn't able to see him as much as I wanted. He still had his work to do, and after work he had to stop by at his parent's house to see his little brother. Apparently he got into some accident. I wanted to suggest going with him but didn't have the courage to ask the question. Maybe he would think it was too soon to introduce me to his brother and to his parents? So I did what I did best. To avoid humiliating myself, I never asked him until he did himself.

'Maya'

'Mhmm, what is it?'

'I want to ask you something'

'Yeah, sure. Go ahead' I was in the middle of washing the dishes after dinner. It was Friday evening and we hadn't planned anything special.

'Do you maybe want to go with me to visit my brother, Owen?'

I stopped washing the plate I had in my hands and shot a quick look straight at him. He had a strange look on his face. He didn't seem quite comfortable or was it just me imagining stuff?

I gave him a big grin and nodded fiercely. 'Of course, I want to – are you kidding! I wanted to ask if you wanted my company the other two times you went there, but I didn't want to intrude. You know... We just got together. I didn't want to freak you out...' I gave him an awkward smile after saying that.

Why did I have to tell him my insecurities!

'Maya, you should have asked. I would have loved to take you with me!' he came towards me and kissed me on the cheek.

'Thanks, Maya. That means a lot. I really want you to meet my brother and he would love some company'

'Oh yeah? I would love to meet him. You haven't told me much about him though. Why is that?'

I continued washing the other plates that were in the sink.

'I don't know...Usually, I'm just not that big of a fan talking about family and stuff, I guess'

'Well, as your...Girlfriend, I want to get to know all about you. And that includes your family'

Wow, it was very weird calling myself his girlfriend when all these months we had been seeing each other as friends. I had to get used to it though. 

'Hmmm... Who said you were my girlfriend at all? I thought we were just friends?'

I looked bluntly at him and didn't catch his little smirk on his face until he started to chuckle. As revenge I put the dishes back in the water and cupped a hand full of water and threw it at him.

'Hey! What was that for!' he was a bit surprised but then got along.

'Alright then. If you want to go that way, we can do it'. He opened the water tab and started to splash the water against me. We stood in my little compact kitchen and had a childish water fight. We laughed so loud and hard and we were now soaked in water and soap. We both laughed it off and I stood a few meters from him now. I didn't know if he would do any tricks by now, so I was aware of his every move. I noticed he stopped for a second and just stared at me. His chest was rising up and down quickly. I didn't quite get his stare though.

'What is it James. Are you giving up?' 

I gave him a playful smile. He still just stood there like he was frozen. It was not until I could see that his eyes were fixed somewhere else. I looked down on myself and understood what caught his attention. The white blouse I had on was completely soaked in water and it was now totally see-through. I swallowed and looked up again. My green bra underneath was visible and even all the details on it were clear.