47- On the way to Havelock Island

Raghav's POV:

Trisha kept scolding me and I took it all quietly. Trisha and Tanya thought that I didn't inform Tanya about this house, assuming that she already knew about it. Contrary to it, I had known that Tanya wasn't aware about any of this. In fact, I had gone as far as to make sure that all the talks of the new house only happened when Tanya wasn't around.

Of course, I knew that she would come to know about it one day. But I wanted to prolong the time as much as I could.

In all this excitement of Rishi's wedding, I hadn't missed Tanya's dim eyes. Rishi and Nikhil were having Tanya's dream wedding. The one she had designed and dreamed for herself. Although she was happy for the couple, the lingering sadness was evident.

Amongst that, Rishi getting a new house was like fuel to fire. I was worried that she would get hurt. And rightfully so she had every right to get mad.

Long ago, when we had just started working, our parents had sat us down.

Flashback

"See guys, we live in a joint family and you two brothers are in a joint business too", Dad started.

Rishi and I shared confused glances at each other, not knowing where this conversation was heading.

"I don't think it will matter much right now, but this talk will have much more effect when you will have a family of your own. So please don't take this lightly", Mom asserted.

"Family of our own? Aren't we already a family?" Rishi asked with a laugh.

"She means our spouses", I answered instead, hitting the back of his head.

"Ow, stop hitting me", Rishi shouted.

"Are you two done? Can we speak now?" Mom asked calmly, too calmly, that we knew that she would burst if we didn't shut up.

"Sorry", we mumbled in unison.

"Okay", Dad clapped his hands, before starting the topic they were trying to explain.

"As everything is shared between you two, like this house and our business, I want you to keep your purchases and expenses equal too", Dad spoke.

Seeing our faces, Mom understood that we weren't quite getting what he meant. So she explained further.

"What Rajveer means is, any property,  gold or any other major purchase should always be equal for both of you. I mean it shouldn't be like Raghav has bought two gold necklaces for his wife. But Rishi hasn't bought anything.

"If things like this happen then the balance would get disheveled. Even when both are working together, one would have more than the other. And that shouldn't happen".

"But I don't care if Raghav has more than me. Plus Nikhil doesn't wear necklaces", Rishi spoke with a blush.

"Stop imagining your future with Nikhil and come back to earth". I shook him awake from his dreamy world, even though I too was excited for my future with Naina.

"Rishi you don't care but Nikhil would. Raghav is your twin not his. Even if he likes Raghav, things like this can ruin a relation. And about necklace, you can just buy gold or anything he likes that equates to the necklace", Mom explained.

"Exactly. In other things too, you two don't need to buy identical things. But the price and value should be the same", Dad added further.

"We will keep this mind", I promised and Rishi too nodded sincerely.

Flashback over

At that time, we were a middle class family but the teaching still mattered. Especially in a joint family. This wouldn't have mattered if we had different jobs and earned separately. Our earning was same so our spending had to be same too. But with Rishi's fairytale wedding and his new house that balance was overturned.

I was afraid that Tanya would feel hurt because of the massive difference in the lives of both the couples. Surprisingly, Tanya didn't even bat an eyelash upon finding out about the house. She was just angry for being the last person to know about this.

My train of thoughts were halted as Tanya shouted at me to get ready.

"Goodness, the person who always eats my ear about discipline is himself so lazy. Come on, we need to leave in few minutes. Get ready fast", she scolded as she packed the last minute items in her handbag.

We all were leaving today for Havelock Island. After searching through all the possible routes, we decided to go by cars till Port Blair and from there we were going to go by ferry.

We were taking four cars with us. Two of our own while two were rented.

I was driving with Tanya and her family in my car. Nikhil was coming with his parents in another one. Trisha too was driving in her car with her in-laws. Mom, Dad and Rishi were coming in the fourth car.

Car 1:
Tanya, Tanya's parents, Sia and I.

Car 2:
Trisha, Samar, Samar's Parents.

Rented Cars:
Car 1: Mom, Dad, Rishi and the driver.

Car 2: Nikhil, his parents and the driver.

All was set and we all were just about to leave after putting the luggages inside the car.

"Where are Uncle and Aunty?" I asked Sia as she came alone with her suitcase.

"Mom wasn't feeling well—"

Sia wasn't able to complete as Tanya interjected with worry.

"What happened to Mom? You should have called me", Tanya asked worriedly.

"Don't worry. Her health isn't too bad right now. But they can't take the risk of travelling. She will get better after a thorough rest", Sia assured Tanya.

"Should I go and apologize to your parents for my parent's absence?" Sia imquired.

"Aish! Look at her speaking like an adult", Tanya mumbled under her breath.

"You don't have to, I will. After all, I am the elder sister", Tanya answered Sia's question.

"Raghav, just started putting the luggage inside the car. Until then, I will just go and meet Mom. If I don't see her now, I will keep worrying for her health", Tanya said, her eyes darting towards the road.

"Sure go ahead". She rushed off, the moment this words left my mouth.

Chuckling, I started to pick up the bags.

We all were ready to go and were just waiting for Tanya to come. I had already informed others about her mother's health and about the fact that they wouldn't be able to come to the wedding.

As soon as she came, we all sat down in the respective cars.

"I am not your driver", I grumbled as Tanya went to the backseat with Sia.

"But I want to sit with Sia", she whined.

Before I could retaliate, Rishi came and sat in the passenger seat.

"I thought you were going with Mom and Dad", I commented.

"Well, your car had space as Tanya's parents aren't coming. So I left the oldies alone to romance with each other", Rishi answered with a chuckle.

I pushed his shoulder lightly, "Think before you speak. We have a kid sitting here".

"I am not a kid", Sia grumbled from behind.

"Yeah Raghav. I think you should go and meet a doctor if you think that an almost eighteen year old girl is a kid", Tanya teased.

Everyone else bursted out laughing at my expense. Hah! But I turned the joke on her.

"I was actually talking about you".

"BURN", Rishi and Sia screamed with joy and I too laughed along, looking at Tanya's pouty face.