61- Fight between sisters

Tanya's POV:

I was sure that almost all the family members present here on the dining table thought that I was overreacting. Did I care about their opinion on me? - Absolutely Not.

Sia was smart- there wasn't any doubt; she was more matured than me- 100% truth; Sia was more than capable for handling herself- Yes. However, she was still my kiddo.

Going to far away city from here, that too alone, how was I supposed to react calmly. The anger which I showed outside was all the outcome of the fear that ignited the moment she blurted out her decision. Plus the girl didn't even have any concrete plan or dream. It was all because of Raghav's presence that I hadn't ripped her apart (of course, not literally).

Now we waited Sia to speak out the reason behind her decision. Knowing her, I knew it wouldn't be something stupid but still I hoped to find an excuse from her reasoning to stop her. It was really selfish of me but the thought of her living alone with none of us beside her, stabbed me from inside.

"I don't have the college or place decided, but the decision to leave is unwavering", Sia declared.

"What is the reason behind it?" Raghav asked calmly, before I could yell at her again.

"Because I really need to leave this town. Everything is suffocating here. The moment I step out of the house, there are fingers pointed. Everyone sees me with accusing eyes. I am not Sia for everyone; but a criminal's daughter", Sia finally told us the reason.

Whatever anger was left in me died down in an instant. My eyes softened a bit and I went near Sia's seat, squeezing her shoulder comfortingly.

"But even Tanya has gone through the same and she is still here", Trisha spoke, even after my numerous gestures to not say anything.

Although we faced same things, it wasn't right to compare the effects. We both were different individuals who felt and dealt with problems differently.

"True. Tanya has faced this too but it has died down after her marriage. Even if it didn't, there's no reason to compare how we feel. I would never stop her if she wants to leave like me", Sia responded, looking at Trisha with steel eyes.

Trisha backed away instantly muttering a small sorry. I knew Trisha meant well and had no ill intentions while speaking like that. So I wasn't really angry on her and I was sure that Sia would forgive her soon.

Removing her hard glare from Trisha, Sia addressed everybody.

"I am talking about me and only me, right now. These accusatory eyes are paralyzing me from my daily activities. And I really can't take it anymore.

"At first it was still okay, because I thought that these were false accusations. But now, knowing that these all are true, I cannot walk with my head held high.

"As much as I love you all and enjoy living with everyone, I cannot stay in this town. I don't think, I can survive here".

The explanation that started off in a firm determined tone, ended with Sia breaking down.

She cried, covering her face while I knelt beside her chair to hug her tightly.

"I am so sorry. I understand your feelings but I don't want you to go. I can't force you yet I want to be selfish", I cried too.

"Tanya please. Please understand", Sia pleaded.

Coming out of the hug, I spoke out my worries. I hoped that we could come to a mid-solution.

"I understand that staying here is suffocating. But how can I allow you to go to a new place, that too alone with no one to help you. Plus you have never ever left this town. How are you going to adjust?"

"I don't know. I don't know anything. I just want to leave from here", Sia yelled out in frustration.

I was pushed back a little as Sia stood up abruptly. Fortunately Raghav broke my fall and helped me stand up.

"Tanya, I think you should let her go. She has a valid reason. Plus going out to study isn't that bad. Even Trisha left the town. She too was alone in a big city for three years", Rishi adviced.

"Trisha was born and brought up in a city", I deadpanned.

"That's true. Even if Trisha was alone, she knew the in and outs of how city life was. Whereas, Sia has never left this town. Forget a city, she hasn't travelled to the neaby town too", Samar sided with me.

The discussion went on and on. While some family members took my side, few were okay with Sia leaving to study.

"You shouldn't stop her future for your own fears", I don't know who, but someone commented in between the chaos and I saw red.

"I am not restricting her future. She does not want to go for her ambition. Didn't anyone hear, she hasn't decided on her career. She just wants to run away from the accusatory eyes", I yelled, banging my hands on the table.

"There's no need to call me a coward indirectly", Sia said, turning me to face her, "Say it to my face", she ordered, fire blazing her eyes.

"I am not calling you a coward. I very well understand what you are facing", I responded, removing her hands from my shoulders.

"Don't deny it. I know the meaning behind all those words. And its true. I am a coward, I am running away. Think whatever you want, but I am not going to stay in this hell".

"What's the guarantee that the hell won't follow you there? Will you run away again? Like a coward",I asked cruelly.

None of this was in my heart. The words she spoke before, came out again from my mouth in the feat of anger.

"Bitch", she muttered under her breath.

"What did you call me?" I asked with gritted teeth, pushing her shoulders a little.

She repeated the curse again, this time loud and clearly for everyome to hear.

"YOU". Before I could move forward, Raghav pulled me behind him, "Enough of this yelling", he ordered.

"Let's stop it now". Raghav came to stand between us, becoming a barrier.

"But—", Sia protested but Raghav shut her up by showing his palm.

"Sia first go and search for the possible careers, you are interested in. According to that, I will then search for the best colleges near the branches of our restaurant.

"So that even if something happens, my people will be there to help you out.

"Now both of you have what you wanted- Sia will get to leave the town, yet she wouldn't be left alone without anyone beside her.

"Stop fighting now. The next discussion will only happen after Sia has selected her choice of field".

And just like that, Raghav easily sorted out our problems. He had a knack of solving complicated issues like a back of his hand if he remained calm and collected.

Sia nodded affirmatively and went back to her room. I stood there with my head bowed, ashamed of my own actions.

My fear got best of me, and turned the situation into a fighting match. But fortunately, Raghav stopped it before it turned to something more ugly.

The solution he gave was accepted by everybody. I still didn't want Sia to leave but something was better than nothing.