12- An abnormal wedding night

Raghav's POV:

I could feel Tanya's eyes bore into my back. But I stayed still, hoping that she would feel safe, if she thought I was asleep.

Before entering the room, millions of thoughts had run through my mind. All the examples of how our marriage was going to be a difficult one. The contrast personalities we had was going to cause a lot of problems.

I was preparing myself for her carelessness and her useless talks but never this. I never imagined her to look so scared, so fragile. She was always a firecracker, ready to burst at any time. But the Tanya in this room wasn't the person I had known since childhood. It seemed like her identical twin came out of nowhere. Just like Rishi and I, same face-different personality.

I saw her going stiff as soon as I had entered the room. I chucked it out thinking that she was uncomfortable because we were alone in a closed room for the first time. Hence, I silently took out my clothes and left the room to give her some space.

Although that had been my misconception. And that was cleared when she leapt out of the bed in fear. I understood that her mind was going in some another direction. She wasn't uncomfortable but purely frightened. Not knowing how to assure her, I just got up from the bed and came to sleep on this couch. I hoped that my actions would give her the assurance which I couldn't provide with words.

I guess my actions didn't help much, seeing that I could still feel her eyes on me, even after few hours had passed. I sighed and sat up. Her eyes widened when she saw me staring back at her.

I winced seeing that she was still in her wedding attire. It must have been so itchy and heavy. She took my wince as something else. In an instant she looked down and started fidgeting.

"Why don't you go and change? This attire must be uncomfortable to sleep in", I spoke softly, hoping that she would not misunderstand me anymore.

If possible, she started trembling more than before, certainly taking my words for something else.

"I don't know where you got the idea, but I am not the monster you are making me. I will go outside so please get comfortable and sleep", I said, before standing up.

"NO", she shouted, stopping me on my tracks.

I turned towards her with an raised eyebrows.

"Please don't go. What will your family think if they see you outside?" She spoke worriedly.

I chuckled mentally. For a moment, I thought she didn't want me to go. But it was all about family's reaction.

"Don't worry, no one will blame you even if they come to know. But I am sure they won't realize as I would be in Rishi's room and not downstairs", I assured her and left the room.

Rishi looked up from his mobile as soon as I closed the connecting door after entering inside.

"Everything okay?" He asked, eyeing the closed door, asking about Tanya silently.

"Hopefully", I sighed and sat down beside him, pushing his leg away.

Rishi side hugged me, silently providing comfort as we stared into nothing. Although, Rishi was the one who reasoned with me to marry Tanya, he was also the one who knew my heart.

Soon we both laid down. Usually, we slept with a huge distance among us but today Rishi didn't leave me. He slept hugging me so tightly, causing me to fall into a blissful sleep.

Before falling asleep a thought ran across my mind, causing me to chuckle at my fate.

I crashed into my twin's room on my wedding night.