24- Uncontrollable Laughter

Raghav's POV:

We were looking at the photos Trisha had sent. She was swiping to the next photo, when a chuckle left my lips.

No, it wasn't a funny photo. I just remembered Tanya's embarrassed face. She really thought these photos were for honeymoon. It was just too funny that in every few minutes, I remembered the scene and started laughing.

"Will you just stop it?" She asked, making an annoyed face.

"I am trying but what to do, your embarrassment is just the highlight of my day", I shrugged while biting ny lips, to control my laugh.

"Laughing at me seems to be your favourite passtime", she muttered with a huff, making me remember an incident which happened two days ago.

I guess, my lucky days were going on. Within a few days, I got to experience Tanya's two embarrassing moments.

She truly made the best facial expressions when she was embarrassed. I chuckled remembering her priceless expressions over our talk, when the new couch arrived.

Flashback

I was dead tired from the work and still had to send an important email. As soon as I arrived, I plopped down on the couch, my whole concentration on my mobile.

My eyebrows furrowed as I felt the softness instead of the usual uncomfortable feeling. I looked away from my mobile to see that the old couch was replaced.

"How is it?" Tanya asked as she followed me, after closing the door.

"It is really comfy. I won't have any problem sleeping here tonight", I answered with a small smile.

Now, Tanya would finally be able to relax a little. And that made me smile. I hated being the person who made someone feel unsafe or uncomfortable.

"About that...", she trailed off, looking at me nervously.

Seeing her hesitation, made me feel worried. "What's the matter? Did something happen?" I asked in a tension filled voice.

I stood up to be on her eye level. In these days we had been together, I found out that it was hard for her to lie if we maintained eye-contact. And if something was worrying her, then I would want to know the whole truth.

"Nothing bad happened", she clarified, while waving her hands, indicating a no.

"Actually...what I meant...what I wanted to say...Dammit! Wait". She stopped midway, feeling irritated by her own self.

Taking a few deep breathes, she puffed out the air before speaking.

"I wanted to tell you that youdon'thavetosleeponthecouch".

"Okay. Now relax and tell me in a way that I can understand", I spoke softly, while hiding my smile at her inability.

Her absurb actions were too cute to ignore. But I also knew that laughing at her would destroy the little bit confidence she had gathered to speak to me.

She bit her lips in nervousness, before trying again. "I was saying that you don't need to sleep on the couch", she spoke slowly and hesitantly, while blushing profusely.

"Why?" I asked innocently, trying to looking lost. It was so fun to rile her up.

As expected, she looked at me with annoyance. "Is it too hard to understand? Do I really need to word it out?" She asked.

"This is so embarrassing", she mumbled while clutching her hair tightly.

I stood there silently, waiting for her to finally gather her courage.

"We can share the room. I really don't mind. I am not scared of you anymore. So you don't need to adjust for no reason", she said in a quiet tone.

"Okay", I simply replied, without any reaction.

There was nothing wrong in what she said. I just wanted her to leave her fear and talk to me confidently. That was the only reason, I pushed her to speak up even though I had understood what she wanted to say long ago. Today, I had understood but there may come a time when I would be clueless. So, it was necessary for her to speak up even if it was embarrassing.

Having ended the conversation, I was going up to freshen up, when she spoke from behind.

"Listen, don't get any wrong ideas. This is just for the practice, as we will have to share the bed when we return home".

I turned my face a little and gave a thumbs up 👍🏻 to show I agreed with her, even though we both knew that she just said that to hide her embarrassment.

Flashback Over

It was hard to hide my laughter back then but today it was just impossible. She closed my mobile, having enough of teasing and stood up.

"Hey, sorry. Please don't leave, there are still some photos left", I called her as she left towards the kitchen.

"I am hungry. Let's see them later", she yelled out from the kitchen.

Hearing her, my stomach too growled, notifying me of its hunger.

Two minutes had passed and this girl was yet to comment on my food. I hadn't eaten even a morsel of food, despite being hunger, waiting eagerly for her feedback.

I was waiting in anticipation to receive praises from her, but this woman was taking all the time in the world to say a single word.

"Will you say something?" I asked as my patience broke.

"Man! It was so fun to see you desperately wait for my appreciation". She bursted out laughing, even going far as to bang her hands on the dining table in merriment.

"So you are saying that you took your time, knowing fully well that I was impatiently waiting for your reaction?" I asked, looking at her with a frown.

"We have one thing in common; we both like to rile each other up. Tit for Tat. That's what you get for teasing me", she replied with a laugh.

"On a serious note, this food is delicious. I think I am going to eat more than my usual fill", she praised, looking sincere.

"Eat as much as you want. I have made enough", I said and finally started eating.

By the time we finished eating, my insides were hurting. The entire time we ate, we joked and teased each other. I couldn't even remember the number of times I choked because of laughing while eating.

I had never imagined that I would get along so well with my opposite.