Chapter 5: Blue shirt teenager

Wen Jing clenched his teeth as he grabbed onto the grass and stone on the side of the mountain path. He had almost finished climbing the almost ninety degree vertical mountain slope.

All around him there were people making the same challenging climb. Suffering beyond words, they only sought to climb as quickly as possible up this section of steep cliff.

When the gate opens, the new disciples were required to be assembled at Qing Xu hall. This was the hall belonging to the master of the Qing Xu sword sect. It was located half way up the mountain of the main peak Yu Rong Feng (1). Surrounded by white clouds, one side was backed against the mountain, while the remaining three sides were sheer cliffs. Disciples were required to resist the wind until they either were able to cultivate flying methods or obtained devices with flight capability.

Qi Refining disciples at the fifth layer like Wen Jing, had no means to ascend other than climbing the cliff wall.

Over the last few thousand years, countless people had climbed this mountain. This road was no longer dangerous. Only this remaining section of steep cliff about sixteen meters high was left in order to serve as an extreme test of a person's willpower.

With difficulty, Wen Jing grabbed at a tree trunk growing on the top of the cliff. Pushing with his right foot, he finally managed to make it onto level ground.

"Before his eyes stood a large hall constructed to overlook the mountain. An enormous horizontal board hung there inscribed with the words "Qing Xu Hall". In the center of the hall stood a realistic looking copper statue, about thirty four meters tall, of a young Daoist clothed in a robe with drifting sleeves wearing a smile on his face and grasping a drawn sword. At his side, coiled to a about half his height, was a majestic python with an awe-inspiring presence."

-from 《A Calamity for All Living Things》Chapter Two

This was the description of Jun YanZhi ascending the mountain as he saw Qing Xu hall for the first time.

Wen Jing had imagined this scene many times.

Now, seeing the real thing for himself was even more awe-inspiring and his excitement surged.

Fortunately, now that he had entered the book, it was possible to see the world for himself. As he was now in a place endorsed by broadcasting (2) as a positive teaching material, he totally didn't have to worry about the protagonist turning to the dark side, the world falling into ruin, or any other discouraging circumstances. His heart was bursting with joy. So awesome....

Wen Jing had a panoramic view of the beautiful scenery. He appreciated the scene for a while and then settled himself down.

He quietly turned on the system to see everyone's moral standing.

Beep beep beep beep beep beep——

Small frames opened one by one, all showing green. This demonstrated that the standings were of a positive value. Wen Jing could roughly see that the values ranged from the lowest of about 100, to the highest of surprisingly 800. Everyone's values fluctuated, there were none that were static and unchanging.

He subconsciously looked at the man with the highest moral standing——

A slender figure clothed in white was standing in front of the bronze statue. His appearance, however, was indistinct.

Who was he? Such a righteous person.....

Suddenly a single red frame appeared in his line of sight.

A moral standing with a negative value! A devious evil spirit?

While searching, the red frame suddenly disappeared.