•tired•

A few days pass by of me visiting Jes back at the hospital until she is discharged. I've been trying to reach Shank but I get nothing.

I have a dark feeling in my stomach that isn't going away. I hate my dad. David. He is not longer my father after what he did.

I meet my siblings back at the house where it all happened. Jes is in her room and Jamal I find him in the kitchen.

I watch him make some food for Jes and then he puts it on a tray. I follow him upstairs and he nocks before entering.

I go in after him to find Jes packing all her blue and pink baby clothes, presents, toys, diapers away. I look at Jamal and we share a look.

We watch Jes slowly put things back into a brown box. She cries silently while putting a small matching set in the box.

My eyes start to water and I look away, she sighs finally giving up.

Weeks pass by and Jes still hasn't heeled form her trauma, I'm not blaming her it's really horrible that someone has to go through all that.

Amber and I get called on stage and I do a twirl getting on. Money is thrown at me as I shake my ass. I scan the guys around me.

It's a habit I picked up a while back, I look for the cheater, the richest, the youngest and the oldest. When you have good eyes it's really easy to spot them.

I do the splits and get up picking up some money on the way, my eyes shift around the room and then they land on a familiar brown pair of eyes watching me.

Shank. Our eye contact maintains until I have to look away. When my spot light goes off I get off stage and get ready to leave.

So it takes a total of three weeks for him to come back. Where has he been? At this point I'm not even mad anymore, I kinda just missed him.

I walk out with Amber and she goes into Liam's car. I walk up to Shank and he opens the door for me. Ironic.

His hairs grown and his curls hang on his forehead, he looks so handsome.

"Your mad at me" he says starting his car.

"I'm not" I look at him "I just missed you"

"I missed you too"

"Apparently not enough to come back sooner" I say.

"I was held back"

"Come on Shank" I say frustration in my tone "I'm your girlfriend, I think I deserve more then short sentence"

Shank looks over at me then takes out his phone "Go home" he commands and I watch Liam's car and the one behind Liam take another road.

We drive in silence as Shank keeps his eyes on the road, I bite my bottom lip form the nerves as we keep driving.

We finally pull into a parking lot that's nearly empty. He stops his engine and I feel his eyes on me "There was a nasty gang fight and they needed me there" he says.

"Believe when I say that I wanted to come back, but I couldn't and as my girlfriend you need to understand that" he continues.

"You a real asshole for leaving me" I tell him "you went ghost for three weeks and the best you could give me was 'I got held up'" I mock him.

"Your an asshole you know that? A real dick, you have no right to make me feel abandoned" I tell him.

"Don't talk to me like that" he warns me.

"Or what? You'll shoot me? Well go ahead...I'm just tired" I give up and sit back into my seat.

"What you tired of?"

"Everything" I sigh and close my eyes. We sit in silence and then I hear his seat back up making me jump a little.

"Come here" he taps his lap.

"I don't think I'll fit" I smile as I put my leg in, I sit on his lap and he holds me bridal style.

We sit there and I listen to his heart beating. I start to drift off into sleep and then he sits up. I hear him place his gun down and then he lays back down.

"So why do they call you Shank?" I ask him after some silence.

He takes his time to reply and I start to think he's asleep "This man murdered my brother so I killed his family with a shank but before they died I made him watch them die"

"I made it painful so he can suffer knowing what he did" he continues "I'm not proud of my old methods but I was angry back then"

"That's dark" I say and he chuckles deeply.