Author's Note

Please Read!

Hi guys! I am currently on Corona-Cation, that's why I waited till the whole story was done to publish it. That and the fact that I like to go back and change things several times, lol.

Speaking of going back, please excuse the many, many, typos in the story. The lack of school and communication is starting to get to me, haha.

By the way, this is a Newt x Reader Fanfic. It didn't really show in this book because of when Y/n came up in the box. There simply wasn't any time for romance in this one.

I did, however, throw in a few romantic-ish things. Some being: the talks about her nightmares, the time where he helped her up and his hand lingered for a few seconds, when Y/n held his arm when she was frightened, when he carried her to the helicopter, the relief he felt when he realized she would survive the gunshot, etc.

Just small things for now.

This will be a three book series, if you want to stick around I'm not sure where I plan on going for the next one, I'm kind of torn between two ideas.

But I can assure you that the next books in this series will be more Newt x Reader and romantic and stuff.

I think I'll just eenie meenie my way into the rest of the long term decisions for this series, lol.

I couldn't kill chuck in this book, I just couldn't. The next book in the series, at this point, will just be called "The One - The Maze Runners Book 2."
Simple as that, haha.

Also, props to you if you noticed my little thing about Finnick! That character is, in fact, based on Finnick Odair from the Hunger Games.

I couldn't kill him either, so he is definitely a survivor with the others.

The Gladers who escaped are as follows,

Y/n
Newt
Thomas
Teresa
Chuck
Minho
Winston
Frypan
Finnick
Jack (had to edit to add him 😭🤣)

And I think that's it! If I missed one I'll either just edit it later or brush it off, lol.