Chapter 42

Word count: 4352

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Deidre tapped her long nails on the table, catching the frown sent her way from across the table. Robert was staring at her with worry, noticing something different about her, but continued his staring. And while Thomas was busy napping, he could stare as long as he wished.

Of course, if Thomas woke up right this moment, then he would be ripped to shreds for staring at Deidre too long.

Deidre quirked a brow in Robert's direction, seeing how he was not stopping with the stare. Jonathan and Erin were also too busy to notice with the two fighting over French fries again, Erin already beating him. Deidre's hand went to Thomas' head that was resting on her lap, his eyes closed in pure tiredness.

And he stirred at her small move, eyes flashing open to find her staring down at him. He straightened himself, sitting up on the bench and rubbing his eyes from the sleep. His stare fell on Robert's, who quickly removed her gaze, staring at Jonathan and Erin instead. "So, Tommy boy, how are you feeling today? Want any of my food?"

Thomas grunted, resting his head on Deidre's shoulder. "Like shit. And no. I can't eat anything lately. I cannot keep anything down."

"Except for Deidre's pussy?" The smile he had wanted to see did not appear and instead, Thomas' expression hardened, not finding any humor in the sentence. "Don't you think you should see a doctor? Tommy, this has been going on for weeks."

"No. I'm fine."

"Thomas, Robert is right," Erin cut in, in unison with Jonathan. "This has been going on for too long. You should see a doctor. I know a great one who hates Bruce and no one will know about this. He is a friend of the family."

Thomas shook his head, closing his eyes. "I'm fine. It will pass."

"Tell that to the teacher whose shoes you ruined and who still blames you for it," Robert mumbled. "Tommy, none of us have a good feeling about this. Go see a doctor for us, please."

"I'll think about it," he grumbled, one eye opening upon detecting Robert's stare. "Stop staring at my fućking mate or I'll cut your eyes out. I may be sick, but it does not mean I like people gawking at my mate."

Robert's cheeks flushed. "Sorry."

Deidre continued with her drawing, not paying attention to anyone but Thomas, sketching him to perfection. And she ignored Robert's gaze, peacefully smiling to herself and focusing on the tiniest detail of Thomas. In this drawing, Thomas was lying on the grass, arms folded behind his head and smiling with his eyes closed. Deidre imagined how blissful he was, resting out in the sun. And this was the only photo where he was wearing clothes, at least a pair of jeans.

"Deidre, what are you drawing there? Another nude drawing of Thomas? Does he have a big dick now?"

Thomas' one eye opened again and he glowered harder. "I am one second away from slitting your throat. Talk to her one more time and I will make it happen."

"I am only joking around, Tommy." He laughed, not met with laughter, but silence. "What is up with you lately? Every time I try to joke around with Deidre, you come in like a big beast. It's getting very annoying. Get that stick out of your ass before it breaks you. It's not healthy to keep anything in for long."

Deidre's eyes flashed up at that moment, noting the odd tension in the air. "Thomas, it's okay. He's only being Robert."

Robert grinned at the remark. "That is very correct."

Thomas' eyes narrowed, lifting his head from Deidre's shoulder and placing his lips on her neck, meanwhile keeping eye contact with Robert. And his best friend frowned at the act when his lips pressed to her mark, Deidre's mouth dropping open instantly.