Chapter 13

Word count: 3800

THOMAS

My eyes slowly opened and I took in the scenery and I was confused when I discovered that I was not in my own room.

In fact, I had no clue as to where I was.

Everything was hurting. I felt as if a truck had ran over me. As if I had jumped into a electric fence.

I shifted slightly, suddenly feeling thirsty, but I was stopped by the weight on top of me. Of course, my attention went to that immediately, confusion plastered all over me as I took in the sight of... hair?

But as I breathed in the addicting scent of the familiar perfume, I knew exactly who it was. Deidre was laying on top of me, head resting on my already bare chest.

And I smiled, without even thinking twice. It was a typical reaction every time I saw her.

At that moment I didn't even care about that as of what was happening, why I was even there. All I cared at that moment was her and that we were together. Nothing else mattered.

As the minutes passed, I kept staring at her. And then she stirred, slowly, before looking up and she jumped back when she found me wide awake.

Hurriedly, she got off me. "Um, hi!"

I couldn't help but grin when she fixed her clothes, trying to cover up that she had just slept on me. She smoothed out her rumpled clothes, pulling up the collar of her shirt a little so she could cover up her chest.

Although I had already seen. A little too much if I may add.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't just mean to sleep on you like that. I was just very tired and you were there so I thought that-" she stumbled over her words, cutting off at the last minute. "I didn't mean it. I swear."

"Deidre, it's alright." I let out a chuckle, only to hiss in pain as I moved. "Shit."

Deidre immediately hurried to my side, checking my body for injuries. She lifted the covers off a little so she could get a better look, but then her cheeks heated up. "Oh, sorry. I forgot."

My lips pressed into a thin line, a little smirk forming as I took in her sudden expression. And without even thinking about it, I leaned closer to her, hand reaching out to push the covers a little down. "Don't be sorry."

"Thomas," she breathed out, getting tongue-tied.

Although I did want her tongue to be tied with mine.

"Thomas, I don't think that this-" She stopped talking when I lowered the covers even more. "You're hurt."

"Doesn't matter," I murmured, wanting nothing more than to pull her on top of me. "You can make me feel better."

Deidre sucked in a breath, a little whimper escaping and as that happened, I gripped her wrists and pulled her on me. A small 'oomph' escaped her lips as that happened. "Thomas, what on earth are you doing? Are you crazy?"

I tilted my head until my lips met the shell of her ear, pressing them against it ever since softly. "Crazy for you."

"We can't—We can't keep doing this," she breathed out, looking into my eyes that's pupils were dilated a little, letting me know that she was affected. "You're hurt and I don't want to cause you any more pain."

"That's sweet," I admitted. "But what the fućk happened even? Why am I in so much pain?"

"You don't remember?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows.