(5) Medic X Nurse!Reader

--

How sweet.

(Y/n) never faced the battle upfront; she stayed inside, listening to the sound of gunfire and screams of agony

(Y/n) never faced the battle upfront; she stayed inside, listening to the sound of gunfire and screams of agony. She cringed at the horrifying thought of having many bullets penetrate her very being, hence why she kept herself hidden, and instead assisted a crazed German doctor. While the battle was ongoing, she would often tidy the base, but only if her own station was in order first.

Today, instead of sorting files, she cleaned up after the Medic. (Y/n) washed a number of his medical tools. She scrubbed many cabinets and benches, making them shine in the light of the infirmary. Once finishing, the girl took a step back to admire the cleanliness of the Medi-Bay. She rested her hands on her hips. smiling to herself.

Some time later, the sound of the Administrator boomed over the battlefield, announcing their teams' loss, making (Y/n) frown. She closed the book she was reading and placed it on her desk. The girl knew the aftermath of a loss; they became miserable and agitated. She sat and thought for a moment, before hearing the heavy footsteps of her friends returning. In seconds, the sound of bickering was heard as clear as crystal, making (Y/n) roll her eyes.

On a night the team were victorious, they would spend the evening drinking, or playing a game of poker. Though now, each mercenary avoided one another.

At the moment, the girl sorted the paperwork that lied scattered atop her desk. As (Y/n) worked, she would glance at her German friend. He leaned against the wall, lazily twirling a medical tool in his hand. Medic sighed, and peered up at (Y/n), catching a glimpse of the half-smile on her face.

Medic waved at her from across the room, watching as her face lit up with a bright, toothy smile. (Y/n) returned a small wave, hearing the man chuckle as she did so.

"So," (Y/n) began. "Tough battle today?"

The Doctor breathed a laugh. "You have no idea."

"It's awfully quiet around here. Everyone must be avoiding one another." (Y/n) said, focusing on the papers in her hands.

Medic gave no reply. Only could he admire (Y/n) while she worked.

Abruptly, he asked, "(Y/n), have you given yourself a break today?"

She looked at the man before her, answering, "Does reading for an hour count as a break?"

"Well, I suppose it does." He replied.

(Y/n) stood from her seat and made her way towards the man. She wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. Medic pulled her close, gently rubbing her back. For some time, they stayed in an embrace, savouring the peaceful moment.

"The team don't appreciate you enough." (Y/n) blurted out as she cupped his face with her hands.

The German could only smile, soon feeling her lips connect with his. (Y/n) planted kisses all over his face, listening to him laugh. One more time, she kissed his lips, before confessing:

"I love you."