Chapter 8

"Is that true?" Ivan shifts his questioning gaze towards Quentin, who keeps his eyes locked on me. I know the question was directed at Quentin but he's looking at me as if I hold the answer. I send him an apologetic smile knowing this is not how either of us wanted everyone to find out. In a sheer panic and moment of desperation I had to do what in that moment seemed like the perfect solution.

"Yes." Quentin sighs out returning his attention back to Ivan. I look at my dads out of the corner of my eye making sure they are doing okay because I'm pretty sure they haven't breathed since I opened my mouth. Neither are looking at anything in particular just sort of sitting there in a daze. I've never seen them like this before which is causing my stomach to drop even further.

"I was wondering when you were finally going to speak up." The smirk doesn't leave Ivan's face as he looks down at something in front of him. Quentin and I both tense up at his words. How in the word would he know we were mates? "We have cameras honey." I snap my eyes back up meeting Ivan's cocky ones. "Now why don't you switch seats with Julia so we can finish this evaluation properly." It takes a second for my brain process his words as I move over taking Julia's seat as she goes to the back sitting in an extra chair.

"Quentin it changes things now that you have a Luna." Ivan states so matter of factly. Quentin's somehow snaps back into Alpha mode his expression going from concerned to expressionless. I on the other hand feel as though I might just pass out right here in front of everyone. Setting one foot on the other so I don't bounce my leg, I stick to picking at my nails to relieve some of my nerves.

"It shouldn't because my pack deserves to be fully recognized especially after have fulfilled every requirement. I understand why you would want a Beta or Luna present during evaluations, but I ask in the future you consider allowing exceptions for certain situations." Ivan nods his head dismesivly.

"You're request has been noted." Ivan's robotic response causes my blood to boil. He's acting so casual about discussing the lives of innocent people. "Now that you have your Luna with you, Silver Dawn Pack can now be formally recognized." Quentin let's our a sigh of relief next to me, and I reach over taking his hand in mine under the table. He squeezes it in a death grip while keeping a composed faces unlike myself. Ivan writes something down on the papers in front of him before looking to the rest of the board. They look between each other nodding in agreement passing around a piece of paper signing it. An older man with white hair and brown eyes leans forward in his seat.

"Congratulations Alpha and Luna of Silver Dawn." His weak scratching voice contradicts his warm smile, but his words are the cause of the shiver down my spine. The full weight of my new reality hits me the second the word Luna crosses the mans lips. I'm a Luna now, well not officially but still. I'll be responsible for hundreds of people, and their wellbeing. Sure I knew I would eventually become a Luna one day when I take over for my dads but not for a really long time.

My breathing picks up as I snap my attention to my dads with pleading eyes. They look conflicted but give me reassuring smiles nome the less. The only problem is the smiles don't reach their eyes.

"We will make the formal announcement tonight." Ivan dismisses us letting us leave the room as they board gets ready to hear a different case. Quentin pulls me out of my chair leading me out of the room my dads following behind us.

"Thank you." Quentin spins around once we are out of the room taking my face in between his hands places a gentle kiss to my lips. If I wasn't still in shock I would have blushed at the public display especially since it was right in front of my dads. As Quentin pulls back he sees my expression and his demeanor changes. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" He drops his hands from my face instead taking ahold of my hands looking me over for any injuries.