Chapter 24

"What do you think of this?" Lisa suggested as she showed off a cute onesie in pink that said, "Daddy."

"Definitely."

"I still can't believe you're having a girl," Lisa said as she placed a pack of diapers in the cart.

"She's going to become the future Beta, I'll even teach her everything I know,"

"Thank you Emma, but we don't even know if it's going to be a girl, I mean, we still have to wait a week or two. And Sam and I decided that we don't want to know the gender, so it will be a surprise."

"It's going to be a girl," Lisa and I said simultaneously.

"How do you girls even know?" Amy asked as she placed a hand over her stomach.

"We all just have that gut feeling, you know, it's a girl to girl thing," I explained as I placed a pink pacifier in the cart.

"Besides, we all have ten bucks placed in this," Lisa muttered before putting on a fake smile.

"Seriously? You guys placed a bet on my baby? And for only ten bucks?"

"What do you expect? We're broke."

"Point taken, now let's get these to the checkout and head to the food court."

It has been a week or two since Darrius had came into the pack and a lot has changed.

We found out that Darrius and Jack are preparing an attack on Jerry's pack.

And surprisingly, Dylan had met Jerry before. He lied to me when he told me what he had in his mouth. Apparently, it was a picture of Darrius who Jerry said was the man who murdered Darren.

And we found out another big secret, Liam is not the only other survivor from the Midnight Pack.

Apparently, all the children were saved and spent there time with Jack's pack training to fight Jerry's pack. However, that doesn't mean they didn't remember us. We all had a reunion a week ago. Amy had cried the most, because of her emotional state.

Dylan, Sam, Amy and I all met Luna Pearl, who was already crying when she saw Dylan walk in the room. Of course, we all had separate moments with her, some longer than others, but it was alright, no one can drag Amy in the middle of her talking. We all tried.

Sadly, Luna Pearl was the only adult who had survived the attack, others either died protecting their children, others died from the loss of their mate, and the rest, they proudly fought for the pack.

Dylan had decided that he would stay with Jack and Darrius for a few days so that he would spend time with his parents. Although I really wanted to join in, I decided to let Dylan go alone.

However, he had Sarah tag along as his mother wanted to meet her. I couldn't say I wasn't disappointed as I wanted to catch up with Luna Pearl but Sarah was her son's mate, I could tell she wanted to get to know her. Besides, it isn't like I won't be invited to another sleepover, right?

Oh, and Dylan and I got to go on our hang out. No, Sam did not let us out, we sneaked out. We went to an ice skating rink. I was a natural, they even carried me off the ice. However, Dylan claimed that they were afraid if I fell once more, I'd get a bruise and sue the place. Anyways, after ice skating, we went for ice cream where many people asked if we were a couple, which made Dylan choke on his water and me choke on air. After meeting idiots, we went back home to be caught. Let's just say Sam did not show mercy.

Anyways, Hunter had arranged a special surprise for his parents. He had built them a house next to ours so that they could have their own privacy, and we could have ours.

Lillian and Herold are decorating the furniture as we speak with a little help from the boys as well.

"That was exhausting," Amy sighed as she placed the bags on the floor before taking a seat.

"We barely walked at all,"

"Whatever, just get me a big mac." She waved toward Lisa.

"I want chicken nuggets."

Lisa nodded before she went in line to order. I stayed with Amy, just in case she had another breakdown.

"So what are you gonna name the girl?"

"Honestly, I don't know yet." Amy shrugged, "And no Lisa, I'm not naming my child after you." Amy said once Lisa sat down in front of us.

"Fine, it's not like I've been taking care of the baby before she was born," Lisa grumbled before taking a bite out of her fries.

"Guys, for the last time, we don't know the gender."

"Care to make a bet?" I challenged.

"What about?" Amy asked.

"If the baby turns out to be a boy, we will name one of our daughter's after you."

"But when the baby turns out to be a girl, you have to name the baby something of our choosing."

"Deal."

"Um, guys?" Lisa called out, "Don't turn around but there's someone staring at us."

"What? Who?"

"I don't know, they're wearing a hoodie so I can't tell. But I'm pretty sure it's a man, no woman would ever leave her house in that." Lisa judged as she took a bite of her sand.

"Well, what do we do? We can't just go up to him and ask if he's stalking us." Amy asked before taking the last bite of her Big Mac. 

"Well, we can't sit here and do nothing. He could be a serial killer or something."

"I think we should-should, I'm gonna sneeze," Amy gasped before searching the whole table for a tissue.

"Does anyone have a-a achoo!" Amy sneezed.

"I'm gonna go again, I need a-a achoo!" Amy sneezed  but this time was different. At the very last second, the man whom we thought was stalking us handed her a tissue.

"Bless you," He whispered in a low tone.

"Thank you," Amy sniffed before blowing her nose.

"No problem."

An awkward silence lingered as the man stared at us for a while before asking,

"May I know your name?"

"How rude of me, my name is Amy," she introduced, "these are my friends, Emma and Lisa."

Lisa and I waved towards the man who I still had a weird feeling about. I shook it off before staring at the man in front of me.

"Um, what's your name?" Lisa asked, slightly creeped out.

The man removed the hood revealing his face. He had black hair and black eyes that almost looked red. The man looked around our age, maybe a few years older. I do have to admit, he had great looks but something about him seemed, off.

He grinned to himself before saying loud and clear, "I'm Jerry, it's nice to finally meet you."