I'm Here to Help

Returning to the pack house the next morning, I feel like I am walking on air. I feel positively giddy after our night of passion.

I am marked. And it feels amazing.

Our connection is undeniably stronger. Even walking next to him I feel the need to be touching, skin to skin, and have that comforting warmth travel through me at all times. It is more than just a connection, it feels as though we are joined together as one, as if our souls are intertwined, and it is bliss.

The spring in my step continues all the way back to the house. Christopher seems so relaxed and happy too. We can't help but giggle together and talk about silly things as we reach the house.

Before the front door he grabs my hand and pulls me into his strong, warm body. I melt in his touch, it doesn't help that his shirt is gaping open from lack of buttons, revealing his delectably muscular torso. I let my fingers dance over the prominent lines of his six pack and he licks his lips while gazing down at me. Bringing his hand to my neck, he gently strokes at the mark he created last night.

"I can't believe this is my life. That I have you as my mate. That I feel so blessed even after everything that happened to me." The softest smile trickles over his lips as his eyes glide over my mark.

"I'm all yours, baby." My voice is cheeky and I slip my finger lower on his abdomen, he chuckles in response before picking me up bridal style once again.

"Really? In front of everyone?" I roll my eyes but really I love how he is showing off our new relationship status.

"They do this in the movies." His rough voice sends shivers down my spine.

"After a wedding! Not sex!" I lightly hit his bare chest while my other hand runs through his now messy hair.

"What we did last night, was basically marriage for wolves, sunshine." He looks down at me and smiles widely and I blush at the thought. He's right, that's it forever now. Him and I, against the world.

"Then take me to bed, husband." His huge smile turns to a devilish smirk and he leans down to give me a hard kiss.

He walks through the door, still carrying me, ignoring everyone around us. His tickles at my ribs cause me to squeal and wriggle in his arms and as he walks he places kisses over my face whenever he can.

Pack members watch on, smiling at our display of affection. Our marks are in full view of onlookers however, even if they were hidden, everyone would have known.

When an Alpha marks someone or is marked themselves, the pack feels it. I share a connection with each pack member, and although not as strong as a mate bond, they can feel extreme shifts in my being. Being fully mated is one of them.

Still tickling me in his arms, Christopher bursts through our bedroom door and throws me onto the bed. He hurriedly strips his clothes before pouncing on me. I growl with desire.

We don't leave the bedroom all day or all night.

...

I wake to the smell of pancakes and the sun shining through the windows. Christopher walks through the bedroom door, topless and holding a tray of food.

I sit up and clap my hands with glee. I could get used to this.

His slips into bed, placing the tray of food between us and smiles sweetly at me. My stomach grumbles at the smell. We hadn't eaten in over 24 hours because our hunger had only been for each other. But now I am presented with food I realise that I'm starving.

We dig in without speaking, too hungry to chit chat. Once the pile of pancakes is consumed, we both lay back in bed in a food coma.

"What do we do now?" Christopher asks quietly while rubbing his stomach.