Mechanic (Arthur Bishop) Part 3

Third person pov

Searing pain pulsed through your body as your brother nudged you awake with his foot, slowly opening your eyes as you stumbled to stand.

Last night Steve took care of his puppy then showed you what happens to back stabbers, three hours into it you had passed out from the pain.

Looking at the clock you saw you only had ten minutes before you and Steve had to leave, slipping on a coat to cover the blood on your shirt from your new busted lip and cleaned the blood from your face and hair, then you waited by the door for your brother.

You and Steve met up with Bishop and walked around while he gave Steve the run down of what he was to do for their first assignment.

"Take the dog to the coffee shop on Riverdale. Order a coffee, black. Sit at a table by the window and do the sudoku puzzle in the paper. Play nice with the dog."

"For how long?"

"One hour. Every day for the next three weeks. And you have to go alone." Bishop said gesturing to you, who was panting in exhaustion and pain, slowly following behind.

"Come on! Hurry up!" Steve called for you, Bishop knew something was off with you, you were pale and sweating in the chilly atmosphere. You picked up your pace trying to keep yourself from going cross eyed in pain, Steve patted you on the back once you were close enough. To anyone else the gesture would have seemed caring, until a whimper left your mouth, on the brink of tears from all the hidden bruises and wounds on your body, you stumbled slightly.

Bishop gently grabbed your arm and pulled you onto his other side away from Steve, then quickly cutting off Steve's argument.

"You can't be seen with her like this for the plan to work." Steve clenched his jaw and kept walking.

Days were passing by but Steve still kept up with his orders from Bishop about the coffee shop, surprisingly

Days were passing by but Steve still kept up with his orders from Bishop about the coffee shop, surprisingly. But the best part was after the coffee shop, Bishop would come get you and Steve and take you out into the wood, he taught Steve how to shoot and behind Steve's back he also taught you how to hold your own in a fist fight and occasionally shoot.

One day you were firing one of the hand guns but couldn't hit your target, suddenly two arms wrapped around your shoulders and repositioned your posture. Turning your head you found yourself face to face with the very handsome, Arthur Bishop, over the last week you had started falling for the assassin but was scared your brother would find out and put an end to it. You nodded in thanks, your face flushing slightly when he stepped back giving you room to shoot, Bishop smiled in approval, making your heart do a backflip when you hit your target dead center.

Then Bishop started giving Steve home work, which he didn't like. Immediately handing it off to you when you got home, he wanted you to read through all of it and write down the short cuts and important stuff for him. All of the insurance companies books on variations of death, which drugs are fatal when mixed with others, etc.