Marcus Burton

Marcus felt like he had seriously missed out on a lot by not talking to or working with Romuald before all this mess. Brother wasn't an idiot, just with a different take, but once Marcus got under it - he saw the logic. Purple recorded that last footage, sent it off, went to set up trading spots with Hades and for a few days Marcus was free to roam around with Bill, craft some artifacts and just relax.

And then, about five days later, Purple and Stephanie popped in and told that it was fine to return to the capital (and to work) if they wanted.

All Parents had become seeing side individuals due to eating all that aether rich food and Purple's mushrooms, but-- Purple said it should be possible for him to make them un-see stuff if they let him lick their eyeballs from time to time.

"No, I'm good," Jerry said not even creeped out one bit about the eye-licking option and Lydia nodded along. "So, if we keep seeing stuff, what do we do?" He asked, though.

"The most common choice would be attending Guild lessons, they will provide a mentor for the starting period, tell about your choices and then you can move on to whichever faction (if any) desired," Purple said.

"That sounds good to us, as well," Mom said and Dad nodded.

Purple provided them all with small summoning plates and when they all learned to use them, he sent them off to the guild building. Adding that as long as they did not look at astrals, astrals would not approach them.

"Shouldn't we have told them some more stuff?" Stephanie asked.

Purple shook his head. "They want to have an adventure of their own."

Bill smiled with a nod, confirming what Purple had said.

It had kind of seemed that way to Marcus as well. What they told had gone over their heads a lot of time, but it didn't seem like they weren't interested, just-- they would like to take their time. And start from a manageable spot, not be dropped in among gods, alien emperors and dragons right away.

"Where do you two want to go?" Purple asked.

Marcus and Bill exchanged looks then chose to go home for now. They did have another place where they might want to go, but it would be nice to just walk around the town first, visit Xena and Tharururu, learn what's up and so on.

And that's what they aimed to do, but as soon as they got to Marcus's room they discovered one little problem-- the clothes no longer fit. Purple had been the one getting Marcus clothes lately, because-- well, at times he did leave his clothes somewhere random and the zone ate them up so they tore easily after, but--

When Marcus looked in the mirror he found that while he did have some traces of Timothy left - his hair looked light brown and eyes warm gray, not metallic, but in any other way he had matched up with his astral form. Bill was still taller, but Marcus was no longer that much of a shortie next to him - right now he reached up to Bill's collarbone.

Marcus eyes stopped on an almost finished artifact Bill had been making. "What did you mean to do with that?" Marcus asked.

"Sell?" Bill shrugged.

"Mind if I finish it and then we can sell it?" Marcus asked.

Bill's eyes sparkled up and Marcus was glad to see Bill welcomed a collaboration of this sort. And in a few hours, Marcus did finish the artifact infusing it with his best skill - regeneration. It would be an odd wall clock that would cast regeneration on those in the room or something. Marcus sadly had no appraisal skill, so he didn't know for sure.

Bill had been assisting with passing stuff, but mostly just watching him craft with a smile.

And when it was done, Bill summoned a small wisp. And Marcus and Bill made the mistake of asking for cash, not a card because they got a few suitcases of money-- like in gangster movies.