Another Dinner

Marcus was lying on the sofa with Bill on top, with his hands under Bill's shirt. At least they hadn't gotten too far with that--

Bill's dad was a man even taller than Bill's mom; he had a thick build and seemed like someone doing some heavy lifting either at work or as a hobby.

"At least Bill's the top dog, huh?" was the first thing he said.

"Dad--" Bill squinted. He was red about being spotted like this, but he still looked fairly upset about that name.

Marcus had no idea what that was about, so he did the obvious and asked. "Top dog?"

"The one who--" And then Bill's dad crouched over because Lidya had kicked him.

Bill and Marcus's straightened out, and since Bill was sorting out his shirt, Marcus did the same, although the only redness on his cheeks was due to heat from being close and kissing rather than embarrassment. "Bill, what's a top dog?" Marcus asked since it didn't look like Lydia would let her husband reply.

Bill cast an accusing look towards Marcus, but he leaned over to Marcus's ear to reply in a whisper. "The one who takes the lead in anal sex."

"Why haven't we done that yet?" Marcus asked in a whisper as well, matching up with Bill.

"Because it takes-- preparation--" Bill replied, turning even redder.

"Guys, we can hear you," Lydia said.

Bill made an 'end me now' sort of expression. He looked so pitiful Marcus had started rubbing his back in a reassuring gesture before he knew it.

Bill's dad finally straightened out. "Why the kick, I would have said the same thing," he said. "The shortie doesn't even seem to mind."

"Timothy." Lydia corrected. "And the heck you are saying to your son's boyfriend he's been dating for only three days?"

"It was a shock response," Bill's dad replied.

Lydia sighed. "Timothy, this is Jerry."

"Pleased to meet you, feel free to call me Tim," Marcus replied.

"Jerry is fine, don't call me 'uncle' please," he replied and reached out his hand for a shake, squeezing Marcus's hand a bit too tightly, but stopping before a level where it might hurt.

"Let's go make food then," Lydia said, seeing that introductions were done. "Are you better at cutting or peeling, Tim."

"Haven't tried either," Marcus replied.

"Hmm, your mom's a housewife?" Lydia asked.

"Yes."

"What would you like to try?"

And so Marcus ended up learning to peel veggies because Bill was peeling too.

"So, how did you two end up dating?" Lydia asked when they were sitting with tea and waiting for the stuff to bake.

Marcus figured he'd let Bill reply.

"Uhm, I had a crush on Tim for around a year, and he noticed?"

For a year, huh? That's one long unrequited crush, tho-- maybe there was magic in the running, if he held it in all this time without losing the cheer, especially since he seemed to have noticed that Timothy liked Amelie.

"Mhm, yeah, I noticed around two weeks ago," Marcus replied.

"Why so?" Lydia asked.

"It was probably obvious all the time: Bill was learning stuff that interested me just so he would have something to talk about," Marcus said, while Bill was turning red.