$ T H I R T Y • F I V E $

The Abducted
~
May 6th, 2019
Manhattan, New York
Seventeenth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

11:38 pm.

       I giggle into Leone's arm as he was chuckling above me. We took a seat next to the glass railing on the rooftop of a hotel nearby where the after-party is held at. The loud music played here was probably was able to be heard from the rest of the city.

His arm was behind me, wrapped around the seat as his other arm was holding a beer bottle. He took a sip as his eyes were admiring my blushed face after I calmed down from the laughter. I bit my lip as our eyes descended to our plump luscious lips that seemed inviting. I felt his warm hand cup my jaw softly as my eyes flickered from his eyes to his lips.

"Vera!"

I pulled away, internally swearing the person who interrupted the moment. My eyes found the boys and Ezio walking our way with his date. I furrowed my eyebrows. "I thought you two went back to the hotel."

Aleksander shrugged, taking a seat next to me before he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Hey, pal, she's mine." He whispered towards Leone and I slapped his shoulder, earning a chuckle from the both of them.

"Nice try." I mockingly mutter.

From the corner of my eye, I could tell Ezio was observing me, but I tried my hardest to not pay kind to it. His girlfriend was attempting to grab his attention, but he seemed to look my way. As if our baby loved the attention, her feet tapped my belly again.

I quickly shook off the feelings I was getting from his eyes examining me and turned back to Leone. He shot me a grin before taking a sip of his beer. I felt his arm caress my bare shoulder; feeling my cheeks burn once again.

Behind me, I heard Xavier mumbling to go somewhere else with Aleksander to which he agreed. I couldn't flirt with Leone if the kids were here.

"Hey, we're going to explore some more. We'll be around." Aleksander says as he stands up with Xavier.

I nodded. "Go ahead."

"Where?", was said at the same time. I furrow my eyes brows as my eyes shot towards Ezio. His facial expression matched mine before I said, "I trust you guys, but I have my phone on me so call me if somethings up."

Ezio clenched his jaw. "With all due respect, he's my brother, not yours last time I checked. He's my responsibility."

I scoff. "And you think Xavier isn't? He's under my care."

Ezio chuckles before he brought his glass to his lips. "And that's why you're under fire for kidnapping him, right?" He mumbled.

I stood up with steam leaving my ears. I clenched my hands that I felt my nails digging into my skin. "If you have something to say, say it to my face, asshole."

I felt Leone stood up behind me as Ezio followed his actions, his eyes drilling holes into mine. "You are a kidnapper. Did you catch that?"

My eyebrows shot up before my eyes were filled with nothing but rage. I landed a hard smack across his cheek which earned a gasp from Cambria.