| twelve |

I laughed loudly when Kate zapped Garrett with her gift and he fell to his knees

I laughed loudly when Kate zapped Garrett with her gift and he fell to his knees. "You are an amazing woman." He breathed, staring up at her lovingly. I smiled, ignoring the pain in my chest. Then I heard it, someone was coming. The smile dropped from my face as I ran towards the source of the sound, which was now accompanied by the growls of a wolf.

Carlisle and I were the first to arrive. I frowned deeply when I saw who was sitting there, decked out in dark leather with flaming red eyes. "Vladimir, Stefan. You're a long way from home." Carlisle called up.

"You weren't invited, boys." I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest.

"We heard the Volturi were moving against you but that you would not stand alone." The blonde, Vladimir, said, his Romanian accent heavy.

"We didn't do what we were accused of," Carlisle said with a shake of his head.

"We do not care what you did, Carlisle," Vladimir said.

"We have been waiting for millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged," Stefan added.

I rolled my eyes. "Challenge them yourselves then." I snapped, my Romanian accent seeping into my words.

"Ah, the princess is here too. It has been a long time, Aeliana. We have missed you." Vladimir said, smirking down at me.

"We are surprised to see you here," Stefan said.

I stared directly into their eyes, glaring darkly. "The Volturi threatened my family, I will not lose to them again." I snapped, my accent becoming thicker and more prominent. I could feel the eyes on my head, the ones that were not part of my family were probably unaware that I was once one of them.

"It was our family last time. Do you not remember our family?" Vladimir taunted.

"We have no been family for a very long time, Vladimir."

"It does not matter. Once family, always family. We shall fight the Volturi together once again." He smirked down at me and Stefan chuckled.

"We do not plan to fight them," Carlisle spoke up once more.

"Shame," Vladimir spoke before turning to Stefan. "Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed."

"They enjoy a good fight," Stefan said, smirking at an already grinning Vladimir. I glared darkly at them. They just had to show up.

"Aro's witnesses?" Eleazar asked, stepping forward to talk to Carlisle.

"Awh, still hoping they'll listen?" The blonde Romanian taunted once again.

—————

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's not long until evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime," Eleazar explained, standing in front of all of us with his arms crossed.