| two |

The plane trip was a blur, my mind too focused on what I would find in Volterra

The plane trip was a blur, my mind too focused on what I would find in Volterra. This could mean the end of my life, the end of my freedom. I didn't dwell on it too much however, knowing that I had people that needed me. Alice had become my sister quickly, we had bonded over the changes in fashion and style over the decades. She had enjoyed listening to my stories, and I had comforted her when she told her she didn't remember hers. We were inseparable after that, especially because I had helped Jasper transition into the 'vegetarian' lifestyle (it was particularly hard for him considering his past and his gifts). I wasn't around when Edward joined Carlisle, in fact I didn't join the coven until after he did. When I joined, I found his abilities to read minds quite frustrating, even threatening him on multiple occasions to stay out of my mind. He didn't, but eventually a sibling bond formed between us, especially when he found out about my past. It was a very typical brother-sister relationship, especially with the constant fighting between us. Many houses have been ruined because of our explosive arguments. Despite this, he was still family.

They were both special to me, they were my family. I couldn't stand losing them to the Volturi. I'd already lost so much to the Volturi.

When I arrived in Italy, I stole a car and began the long drive to Volterra. However, knowing my luck, the bastard broke down in the middle of nowhere. I tried to ignore the nagging voice in my brain telling me that this was a sign that I should not be going there, that this was a very bad idea. However, another part of my brain was telling me that life was full of terrible ideas and that was how we changed and grew as a person. Well, not a person-person but a vampire-person.

Now, I'm walking around with a massive grey coat, black sunglasses, and a black scarf wrapped nicely around my head to protect me from the blaring sun and passing humans. I looked like I was either terrified of the sun or running from the government and trying to conceal my features - or both.  Basically, I looked ridiculous. As I stomped along the side of the winding dirt road, I prayed Bella and Alice had yet to reach Volterra. It was too open for me to run and not be noticed, and I don't want to be picked up by a Volturi slave and dragged there to be killed for exposing myself to humans. I was already hungry, but there wasn't very much wildlife around Volterra that I could hunt and there was no way I was going to be hunting humans again. I had given up on that a long time ago for a good reason.

My luck, however, seemed to be picking up when I heard the roar of an engine and spotted a bright yellow Lamborghini racing over the hills. Grinning, I stood myself in the dead centre of the road. If this isn't Alice, I might actually be surprised. Either way, I was getting a lift to Volterra. The car didn't slow down until the last second, stopping inches away from my body. Even with the dark tinted windows, I could make out the two figures in the car. Anger fell over me as I stomped around the car, ripped the back door open, and threw myself inside. "Aeliana?" Alice asked, surprised crossing her features as she turned to look at me. Bella followed suit.

"Drive." I growled. "We're going to save Edward, I'll yell at you later."

"You can't come!" Alice refused, ignoring the confusion on Bella's face. "They won't let you leave!" I could sense the same worry in Alice that Esme had displayed not long before. I knew that Alice didn't want to lose a sister, but at least this way she knew I was alive, whereas Edward would be dead if we didn't get to him in time.