| ten |

"She's awake," Alice said to me

"She's awake," Alice said to me. "You should come out and see her."

I looked up from the book I was reading. "Has she fed?"

"Yes, just before. Mountain lion."

"Impressive," I smirked before looking back to my book, though not really reading.

"When are you leaving?" Alice asked suddenly, causing my head to snap up and my eyes to meet hers.

"When I know this child isn't a threat. If Aro were to see my memories he would slaughter us all." I whispered, placing my book down and standing up. "She really is a beautiful child, however," I added.

"Yes, Rosalie hasn't put her down."

"We all knew that would happen," I smirked, following Alice out of the room and downstairs.

I got downstairs at the perfect moment; Bella had Jacob by the neck and was forcing his outside. "Oh, so she knows?" I smirked, jumping down the last couple of steps. "Wonderful."

We all followed them outside, watching as Bella threw him down the stairs and into the dirt.

"You imprinted on my daughter?!" She yelled.

"It wasn't my choice!"

"She's a baby!" Bella hissed.

"That's what I said," I mumbled, ignoring the annoyed look from Alice.

"It's not like that." Jacob pleaded, obviously recognising that this was a very serious moment. "You think Edward would let me live if it was?"

Edward smirked slightly, leaning onto the wooden railing that surrounded our patio. "I'm still debating it." He said.

"I've held her once. One time, Jacob!" Bella hissed, walking down the stairs slowly, like a predator chasing their prey. The vampire instincts were clearly kicking in. "And already, you think that you have some moronic, wolfy claim on her?!" She snapped, getting up in his face.

"She's mine!" Bella growled, punching the wolf boy in the chest causing me to grin. Edward obviously thought it was funny too, as he started laughing lightly.

Jacob's little wolf buddied decided to show up, ready to protect their alpha. "It's fine, Leah," Jacob said before turning back to Bella.

"You're gonna stay away from her," Bella commanded, her red eyes flashing dangerously. It was almost a pity she would take on the animal diet, the red really suited her.

"You know I can't do that."

Bella hit him again, sending his sprawling in the dirt. He stood up slowly. "Do you remember how much you wanted to be around me three days ago? That's gone now, right?" He asked.