Chapter 26

"Hades, don't freak out but I'm going to have to cut Lucy's neck, I want to see if I'll be able to suck the poison out of her system, and hopefully I'll be able to withstand it." Cut Lucy's neck, is this witch crazy? She must have seen the horror on my face because she replies saying, "Oh, don't worry, I won't harm any major vein." I nod but with doubts still on my mind. Skotadi kneels before Lucy and from thin air, she pulls out a knife with a very vicious edge. She takes the knife and cuts slowly a ten-centimetre line across Lucy's neck, passing her throat. She whispers something to herself and places her lips inches from Lucy's bleeding neck. She puckered her lips and started. I could hear her taking a deep breath In and out. Lucy start to shake violently, I almost run to her side but Skotadi puts up her hand telling me not to. Soon, I see a green form of air coming out of Lucy's throat. Skotadi inhales it and for some seconds, it seemed she was doing ok. Then she started to shake as violently as Lucy was. She fell to the floor and was still. I look to her and she had no pupil, her fingertips were blue and worst of all, I felt no energy coming off her. What is this? The green air comes out of her out and swiftly enters back into Lucy's throat and the throat sealed its self back up. Skotadi is dead.

It is only now that I notice Zeus and Poseidon's presence in the room. They were too shocked to move, with their mouths widely opened, they looked stupid. I shake both of them back to reality. "Did that just happen?"Poseidon asks. I don't answer him. "Guys, what are we going to do?" I ask them. "Well, first we've got to bury Skotadi. We shall bury her side by side with her mother" Zeus says. "Then what," I say. "Well, Shota is obviously going to rain down on us very soon, so we need to be prepared and ready our defences." I lift up Lucy. "And what do we do with her?" "Keep her In a sacred room, something tell me once we defeat Shota, she will join us," Poseidon says. "And if we don't defeat Shota?" They both remain silent.

Poseidon prepared the burial service for Skokadi. After the burial service, I just sat down In bed and for the first time in my life, I wept, I felt the first drop fall down on my black trousers and the rest followed. Zeus knocked on my door and invited himself in. I quickly wiped my tears. "Have you been crying?" I give him a stupid look. "What do you want?" I ask him. "I think you need to see this." I follow him out to the gates of Olympus and the first person I see is Xavier, fangs bare out, besides him is Shota with a smirk on her face. She whispers something and almost as if she is next to me, whispering in my ear, I hear it loud and clear, "You're now mine."

"Why is she not attacking?" I ask Zeus. "I don't know but I've kept soldiers posted at the gate, ready, in case she wants to sneak attack." We go our separate ways. I enter my bathroom and wash my face with cold water. When I look up into the mirror what I see shocks me, it is Lucy, with an evil smirk on her face holding the same knife Skotadi used when she cut her neck.

Sorry for the Chapter being so short. I've just been so lazy these days