Chapter 3

A soft wind blows past me and I open my eyes widely. I jump to my feet and look at my surrounding, but my vision is blurred, which is strange because I have my glasses on, I take them off and I can see perfectly, better than I did with my glasses. I pinch myself to make sure that I am not dreaming, but I feel nothing. Numb. I look around, not a single cloud in the sky. The place feels almost ancient like. ''Hello! Hello!'' I call out to no one particular but only my echo answers me. I begin to run, my mouth hangs when I see a castle up ahead and I begin to run even faster. There might be some civilization there. ''Stop, in the name of King Zeus!'' Zeus? I think. I come to a halt. ''Please, you have to help me. Where am I?'' I ask. ''You are in Olympus. What are you?'' the guard says. ''I'm a human,'' I say. ''A human,'' the guards says, flabbergasted. ''Come with us, immediately.'' They grabbed me by my both arms and entered the castle. 

I stare in shock at the beauty of the interior. The walls looked so white that they might as well be glowing, a golden chandelier hangs from above and literally most of the castle is decorated with precious gems and stones. An enormous door opens and a bright light blinds me for a few seconds. ''Kneel,'' one of the guards say. I drop down to my knees. A throne sits in the middle of a pool of water, surrounded by two other thrones, one on each side. A man appears out of nowhere, sitting on the throne, but he is so bright that I can only get a glimpse of his golden crown. ''A human?'' he questions. ''Yes, king Zeus, we found her roaming the castle.'' I could not help but stare at the king, who looked only a few years older than me, with tousled blonde hair and a sculpted jaw, he looked inhuman. The King takes a long look at me and as though enlightened, his face changes from emotionless to utter shock. ''Fos (which means light in greek), you are here. Oh, Hades is so going to love this.'' He says. ''Wait, what? What is going on, who the hell is Hades, what are you! Send me back home!'' I burst out in tears as the king approaches me. ''It really is you. It chose you, a human for that matter.'' He laughs as he wipes my glowing tears from my face. ''Don't cry my child, for this is the greatest of honors,'' he says. ''Guards, summon Hades, tell him I found him the perfect gift for his twentieth birthday.'' I turn around and attempt to run away but I am lifted off the ground. ''You couldn't run away from the goddess of love even if you wanted to.'' 

He drops me to the floor and hands me a wooden chair to sit on. ''You'll be quite amazed by how much of a gentleman Hades is,'' he says whilst chuckling. ''Who is Hades?'' I ask again. ''Haven't you heard of Greek mythology, well, they aren't really 'myths' as you humans put it. Who the hell do you think stopped you guys from killing each other in the first and second war? Who do you think ended slavery? Me. I did all that. 

Hades is my brother; the god of the underworld and of the dead, and so is Poseidon; the god of the seas. And I am Zeus, the king of the gods, you can call me Master.'' I stare at him as though he had grown two heads and he stared at me as though I had never been to school. ''Even so, why am I here, why me?'' I ask. ''Every god reaches a certain age where they have to have themselves a wife. Either they can choose for themselves freely, or a wife will be forced on him. 

Hades refused to have a wife and this angered the goddess of marriage. So what did she do? She sent fos(light) to look for the right queen for him, and it chose you, you fit the requirement,'' he says. ''How do I fit the requirement because if you were to look into my life, you find out that I am not fit to be a queen,'' I say. ''Maybe Ashley is,'' I mumble out. '' I know exactly the type of life you have, and it is exactly what Hades needs. Hades needs someone who is the exact opposite of him, not someone who will encourage and join him in his evil plots and schemes.'' He says. ''But I'm ugly, he's not going to like me at all, this is a mistake, I guarantee you,'' I say. ''Have you looked at yourself recently?'' he asked and I shake my head. He gives me a mirror and a small gasp escapes from my lips, the person staring back at me was not the person I was used to. The person was used to had dark circles and eye bags under her eyes, she also wore braces and always looked uncomfortable in her own skin. The girl staring at me now looked like she could compete with an actual goddess, and looked confident. I looked closely and gasped again when I noticed that my ounce brown eyes were now forest green. I caressed my skin and it felt like pure silk. 

Suddenly, the ground began to shake and the room became cold.