Chapter 22

As I walked down the corridor, I see Hades kissing one of the witches.

It happened so fast that if you weren't a god, you would lose track. The feeling came back, but this time, oh no this time it was really back. I felt my head twitching sideways as I approached Hades. At the same time I approach the 'love birds', the scroll in my hand slowly begins to heat up and something strange happens as it heats up, I feel myself becoming weak. As I reach and grab Hades by the neck, he fades away. I now pay full attention to the hot scroll in hand. I look and it's now ashes. A trick!

She never gave me the spell, the actual spell in the scroll sucked my power away, and an illusion Hades was used as bait to bring it forth. Like a static TV becoming clear so did the room. It wasn't one or two but the whole coven in front of me with glowinghands and yellow eyes. I felt exhausted as Hades, Poseidon and Zeus rushed tomy side. "She tricked me. She now has my powers," I whisper weakly to Hades. Samantha is in front of the witches and her head is twitching side to side, just as mine was. "Now that we have the trilogy and I have the demon's power, what's stopping us from stripping all three of you from your powers? " What? Me, a demon? I feel very tired and lean on Hades'shoulder. The witches, in unison, say a spell and a golden whip with spikes around its tail appeared in each of their hands. Poseidon does some strange gestures with his hands and water from I'mguessing the kitchen rushes to him and it morphs from liquid to solid; his trident. I look, hoping to finally see his bolt but Zeus just smiles at me. I am puzzled for a second but smile too when I hear the crack of lightning coming off him, a bright yellow aura is radiating off him with static and his iris is now white. I half expected Hades to have his mask of invisibility on when I looked at him. But nothing magical happened. "Why aren't you changing to a superhero, like Zeus and Poseidon?" He gives me the look he always gives when he's questioning my intellect. "Your majesty, are you forgetting who I am? I am Hades, god ofthe underworld, the image of evil, ring any bells. Did you not see these witches kneel at my arrival?" I sigh. Of course Hades, you could probably end them all in a sec. "But what about Samantha, she has my powers. "Oh, you just watch." I ask him what he expects me to do with myself as they fight, "Hide somewhere safe." I laugh and get into a fighting stance, who needs powers when I got these fists. For a good five seconds, all we do is stare each other down until Samantha sends daggers flying my way. They stop approximately five centimetres from my stomach and head with Hades' hand pointing at them, stopping them. In an anti-clockwise direction, he twists his index finger and sends the daggers back to Samantha, who simply makes them turn into black mist. One of the witches cracks her whip and she disappears. I wonder for a second where she is until I see a whip wrapped around Poseidon's neck and in a split second he is flying backwards. I don't get enough time to see what happens to Poseidon as the other witches start sending their seriously long whip our way. One of them hits me and I feel like I've just touched a livewire.

Guys, we just reached 13k reads, thank you so much for the support.